Are there any vegan heat protect sprays for straighening hair in UK shops? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-19-2011, 05:54 AM

Does anyone know where I can buy a vegan heat protect spray for straightening hair? I'm hoping there's something I can pick up in Boots, Superdrug or a supermarket.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-19-2011, 05:58 AM
Veggie Regular

Superdrug own brand cosmetics are all CF and vegan...and they do have a heat spray
#3 Old 10-26-2011, 07:50 AM

Thought I would let you know, I emailed Charles Worthington about their heat defence spray and they told me that Charles Worthington products do not have any animal derivatives in their ingredients, nor do they test upon animals. I havent checked any of their stuff to see if what I was told is correct, as I'm going to look for the Superdrug one first. I dont know how CW and Superdrugs compare in price, but I'm guessing Superdrug would be cheaper.

Thanks .Goth-Alice for letting me know about Superdrugs own brand cosmetics. I read something about their stuff having the bunny logo, but I dont know what exactly that means. Whether it means not tested on animals or veg*n. But if all their own brand cosmetics are vegan like you say, Ill have to see what theyve got. Does Superdrugs packaging say whether an item is vegan?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-26-2011, 08:09 AM
Veggie Regular

Superdrug does state if its vegan.
The bunny logo is a logo used by independant campaigners BUAV (British Union for the Abolition of Vivisection) and they review companies who produce cosmetics and household cleaners to approve them as truely Cruelty Free (meaning neither the finished product nor the ingredients indivually were tested on animals)
Some companies can techincally claim they 'dont test on animals' because the finished product wasnt, but parts of it may have been. Thats where the BUAV come in to make sure all is above board.
They explain it better on their websites
www.buav.org
www.gocrueltyfree.org

Personally I dont use anything unless its been BUAV approved, some are ok trusting the 'we dont test on animals' claims by brand names. Its really down to what you want to do. Hope this helps.
#5 Old 06-25-2016, 02:34 AM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healthy Vegan Lady View Post
Does anyone know where I can buy a vegan heat protect spray for straightening hair? I'm hoping there's something I can pick up in Boots, Superdrug or a supermarket.
Charles Worthington and Superdrug, well not sure I would buy either as some say they do and some say they don't test on animals. Loreal have a lot of control and they DO test on animals.
I also am looking for a spray that doesn't and America have one I believe but I am still sourcing it. If anyone knows what it is please leave me a message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page