It's Officially Summer! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-17-2011, 02:44 PM
Veggie Regular

I got sunburn Yay!

Was the most beautiful day of the year so far, and I got to see some of the most beautiful sights in my area just hanging about my campus, looking at the lake and the animals. I'm so excited about Summer.

In this grand illusion of entitlement to life / Our 'need' is a mask for our greed and it's not right /
We are executioners who parade ourselves as kings / As selfish and deluded as the blood-bathed Bathory. ~Kingdom, 'Bathory' xVx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-17-2011, 02:59 PM
Banned

It can't be summer yet... I have a cold

#3 Old 04-17-2011, 03:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annia View Post

It can't be summer yet... I have a cold

Aw... I actually have a cold too because I've been sleeping outdoors, running about with other wild kids and generally acting a bit feral. The warm sun makes it all good though.

In this grand illusion of entitlement to life / Our 'need' is a mask for our greed and it's not right /
We are executioners who parade ourselves as kings / As selfish and deluded as the blood-bathed Bathory. ~Kingdom, 'Bathory' xVx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 04-17-2011, 03:18 PM
Veggie Regular

My flat is always quite cold compared to the outside temp, and when I stepped out the door I was shocked at how warm it was! Need to get re-used to it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#5 Old 04-17-2011, 03:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappa View Post

Aw... I actually have a cold too because I've been sleeping outdoors, running about with other wild kids and generally acting a bit feral. The warm sun makes it all good though.

I wouldn't know.. I haven't been outside for days

All I know is that the sun is seriously annoying when I'm trying to sleep.

Although, when I'm better, and if the weather decides to carry on being abnormal Welsh weather, then I'm going to get up one morning and go for a walk to watch the sun rise over the mountains. It's amazing... You get the rest of the mountains still in shadows and just the summit of Snowdon glinting in sunlight before the sun comes up over the rest of the mountains.
#6 Old 04-23-2011, 02:57 PM
Veggie Regular

gaaah, i have been inside AT WORK all throughout this sunny period. that **** sucks.

Misanthrope seeks misanthrope.
#7 Old 04-23-2011, 03:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh it's turned into a nice tan now

And poor rags., the sun was awesome

#8 Old 04-23-2011, 03:37 PM
Veggie Regular

Um, it's not officially summer until June 21st. Just sayin.

Who needs sleep when we've got love?
Who needs keys when we've got clubs?
Who needs please when we've got guns?
Who needs peace when we've gone above?
#9 Old 04-24-2011, 02:34 AM
Veggie Regular

It was so hot yesterday and then we had a massive thunderstorm with hailstones I think. Then it brightened up again and it looks like another sunny day today. I don't like extremely hot weather but this is a nice change from our normal weather, especially after the snow we had in the winter.
#10 Old 04-24-2011, 04:16 AM

Oh woah. I know it's weird, but I *totally* miss thunderstorms. I can't remember the last time I heard it here. We've been in Bournemouth for just a couple of days and it was fab. Going out later to sit in the garden, read my cheesy novel and officially do nothing on Easter Sunday.

There is a great outdoor pool here in Oxford, but it's not opening until next weekend. I'm hoping the hot weather comes back by then (supposed to be gnarly tomorrow, I heard)

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#11 Old 04-24-2011, 05:08 AM
Veggie Regular

hooray. day off for me = day of sitting in my sunny garden, eating easter eggs with my little duckie friend. ^_^

#12 Old 04-24-2011, 05:17 AM
Veggie Regular

[QUOTE=Kappa;2868763]I's Officially Summer!QUOTE]

I know...
I'm being eaten alive by mosquitoes, and I just pulled an aphid out of my bra that I must have picked up while walking the dogs.
The sun is still up when I go to bed, my vegan deodorant can't help me when it reaches 100 degrees F in this swampy city, I can't leave anything out in my car, I have to rush home to keep my frozen groceries from melting, and the sun actually HURTS those of us not blessed with the skin of a bronze goddess... I more closely resemble a cave-dwelling amphibian.
Poo...
Is it autumn yet?

Give thanks to Mother Earth for Her greatest gift...

...gravity.

For without it, we would be lost.
#13 Old 04-24-2011, 05:21 AM
Veggie Regular

It's not quite that bad in England yet, Hazlenut.

#14 Old 04-25-2011, 01:34 PM
Banned

I'm surviving outside at the moment.. Trying to get all my sunbathing done now.. Can't do it when it's actually summer.. I'm usually hiding inside from the wasps then
#15 Old 04-25-2011, 01:39 PM
Veggie Regular

It can't be summer yet. It's not even spring yet around here.

"It is far better to be happy than to have your bodies act as graveyards for animals. Accordingly, the apostle Matthew partook of seeds, nuts and vegetables, without flesh"- Clement of Alexandria

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page