VeggieBoards banner

West Midlands Vegan Festival

2K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  Deis 
#1 ·
West Midlands Vegan Festival is happening in Wolverhampton, England, on October 30th 2010.

Live music, vegan food, what more could you ask for?

Here is the link for more info.

See you there!

M x

#3 ·
Oh, I just found out about this last week, and saw an ad again today. Not sure if we're going but it looks fun.

Moving to UK Forum.

#4 ·
Oh hey....Milliebert, were you testing this out with Michael? Just made the connection.

(really belongs in the UK Forum anyway, but yeah....)

#8 ·
Depends on what I do for Samhain but I might go... Only issue is how much the train tickets will be from uni... train ticket from home wouldn't be more than a fiver but I'm going to be at uni then.... I could come home on the Friday, go to the festival on the Saturday and then go back to uni on the Sunday BUT the Sunday is Samhain so I need to figure it all out...

I'll let you guys know nearer to the time if I'll be able to make it.

#11 ·
Did anyone go to this?

I did - around 1pm - it was absolutely packed!

Lots of stalls there (about 90, I think) - I didn't get to attend any of the talks or cookery demos unfortunately.

Nice Indian vegan food stall there, as well as free samples of cakes, chocolate, vegan cheese, vegan milks, vegan sausages and snoggable garlic - which was very, very nice.

#12 ·
Yes, I got ther around half-1, it was absolutely packed (though I think the whistle of the feedback in that microphone seemed to help clear the area later!).

Bought some Kara milk - I'd seen it before, but when it said "pressed from coconut milk" it had put me off as coconut in tea doesn't sound right. But after sampling it, it is not all cocunutty, so shall be giving the stuff a try this week.

Having way too many cook books already, I tried to limit myself to just one, this time it was "A Vegan Taste of Mexico". Busy planning as tomorrow is main food shopping day.

Must have been a most successful event.

TTFN,
Jon

#13 ·
I bought the Kara milk too - it was really nice - lighter than soya milk.

I resisted the cookery books, but one I can recommend (which is on my Christmas list) is 'Vegan Cooking' by Tony Bishop Weston http://www.whsmith.co.uk/CatalogAndS...=9780754818434
I borrowed it from the library a few weeks ago. Some great recipes with lovely photos.

Rumour has it that there is going to be a Vegfest in Worcester in spring next year....

#15 ·
Nope, doesn't taste like soya milk, as angie54321 observed it is definitely lighter. Problem I've had with soya milk is whilst fine for tea I didn't really like it on cereal - a 1lt carton would have thus mostly end up thrown away, so I stuck with, er, normal milk. But as the Kara stuff certainly seemed ok drunk as-is, I have high hopes that it will be a viable alternative to milk for me.

There is indeed a VegFest in Worcester - but in America ! (I thought google maps had gone wonky as there was Worcester, Oxford, Cambridge, Marlborough, Braintree, Taunton, even Leominster!).

TTFN,
Jon

#17 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke Nukem View Post

Nope, doesn't taste like soya milk, as angie54321 observed it is definitely lighter. Problem I've had with soya milk is whilst fine for tea I didn't really like it on cereal - a 1lt carton would have thus mostly end up thrown away, so I stuck with, er, normal milk. But as the Kara stuff certainly seemed ok drunk as-is, I have high hopes that it will be a viable alternative to milk for me.

There is indeed a VegFest in Worcester - but in America ! (I thought google maps had gone wonky as there was Worcester, Oxford, Cambridge, Marlborough, Braintree, Taunton, even Leominster!).

TTFN,
Jon
I like soya milk on cereal - but it's nice to have an alternative sometimes.

Re VegFest in Worcester - as I run a local business I know all about Worcester USA because I have Worcester on my google alerts - and there have been so many times when I have got excited because of something happening in Worcester, only to realise it's the wrong Worcester

It's me starting the rumour about the VegFest in Worcester, by the way - if it goes ahead, I will be running it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.