Burger King's Veggie Beans Burger - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-05-2010, 04:05 AM

HI,

I wanted to know if the Burger King's Veggie Beans burger without mayo will be complete veggie (in UK) ? I think so it is , but if anyone can put some more light, it would be very appreciable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-05-2010, 10:20 AM
Veggie Regular

Depends what you mean by 'complete veggie'.

According to the burger king site, these are the ingredients:

Kidney Beans (23%), Vegetables (21%), (in variable proportions: Carrot, Onion, Green Peppers), Breadcrumb (Wheat Flour, Raising Agents: E450, E500; Vegetable Oil, Salt, Emulsifiers: E471, E472e; Sugar, Flour Improvers; E300, E920; Yeast), Water, Dehydrated Potato, Vegetable Oil, Wheat Flour, Cornflour, Herbs, Chilli Powder, Salt, Green Chillies, Garlic, White Pepper, Raising Agents: E450, E500; Colour: E160c.

Can't see any animal products in there, unless there's something I'm missing. But I rarely buy food from fast food places, because you can't be sure of ruling out cross-contamination in such places. They may well cook things in the same oils etc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#3 Old 07-05-2010, 03:14 PM
Banned

you might wanna get it without cheese too.

it says "Product is suitable for vegetarians" on their site. burgerking uk have been good about that stuff in the past- not calling things cooked in shared fryers vegetarian, etc.

http://www.burgerking.co.uk/nutritio...&tab=allergens
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 07-06-2010, 08:34 AM

Thank you all.
#5 Old 07-08-2010, 08:24 AM
Veggie Regular

It's vegetarian society approved, if that helps.
#6 Old 07-26-2010, 08:10 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseless' date='06 July 2010 - 04:34 PM' timestamp='1278430453' post='2669677 View Post

Thank you all.

Dunno if it's changed, but a year or so ago, some Burger Kings were labelling their beanburgers as veggie and some weren't. Seems the facilities vary from branch to branch, and they're sometimes cooked in the same fat as the meat products. All depends on the branch.
#7 Old 07-31-2010, 03:35 PM

Yeah..they're not vegetarian society labeled here anymore, because of the shared oil issue. Also, I coulda sworn that they had L-Cysteine in them, but I don't see it now.

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page