New chocolate bars available from veganstore - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-21-2009, 01:17 PM
Veggie Regular

Anybody tried any of these?

http://www.veganstore.co.uk/mm5/merc...egory_Code=510

Yeah theyre expensive, but theyre so fikin good!

Ive been waiting over 25 years for a vegan mars bar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-21-2009, 01:19 PM

I ordered some the other day!!!! I'm looking forward to trying them.
#3 Old 10-21-2009, 01:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast View Post

I ordered some the other day!!!! I'm looking forward to trying them.

My order came through pretty quick. You wont be dissapointed, theyre WAY better than the organica nougat bars!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-21-2009, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanie View Post

My order came through pretty quick. You wont be dissapointed, theyre WAY better than the organica nougat bars!

While I was out today I had a missed parcel note so I'm hoping it's the choccie, very quick service if it is.
#5 Old 10-21-2009, 02:08 PM
Veggie Regular

I've had my eye on them but not yet purachased them! I was wondering if my local health food store would have them... p&p ontop of their already extorsionate price is making my very skint self hold back from ordering...!

It's a shame, I'd love to try the snicker-sy one!

Although... it's strange that they actually refer to them as "vegan mars bars" etc I'd have thought they weren't allowed to.
#6 Old 10-21-2009, 02:21 PM
Veggie Regular

They look yummy! I've been craving nougat recently.
#7 Old 10-21-2009, 02:25 PM
Veggie Regular

Just noticed they contain palm oil. Bummer. Any word on whether they use sustainable palm oil?
#8 Old 10-22-2009, 12:26 PM
Veggie Regular

#9 Old 10-22-2009, 02:53 PM

Oooh I've got to get some of those vegan Milky Ways!
#10 Old 10-24-2009, 06:33 AM
Veggie Regular

These look delicious.
#11 Old 10-24-2009, 10:35 AM

I've tried them. They are absolutely delicious!

Not so good for the waistline though!
#12 Old 10-24-2009, 11:30 AM

They're a bit expensive, much as I'd like to try them. I've not much of a sweet tooth, but I do like nougat style sweets.
#13 Old 10-24-2009, 12:05 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm torn between wanting junk food (including these chocolate bars) cheaper and more expensive. I think all this stuff should be even more expensive so people can afford it only occasionally, being better for their health. But then again I always whine about the cost of food.
#14 Old 10-24-2009, 12:15 PM

LOL, I know what you mean - I was in the local wholefood store today looking at some raw vegan crackers - and for 6 crackers they were £3.60 - I thought that was outrageous.

I don't object paying more money for food that I know gives the producers a better standard of living and organic etc. but I guess we are accustomed to relatively cheap junk food that is bad for us and the environment - explains why obesity is on the increase.
#15 Old 10-24-2009, 12:24 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunzas View Post

LOL, I know what you mean - I was in the local wholefood store today looking at some raw vegan crackers - and for 6 crackers they were £3.60 - I thought that was outrageous.

Robbery doesn't necessarily involve guns and daggers, huh? 3.60 for 6 crackers... Err...
#16 Old 10-25-2009, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Doolittle View Post

I've tried them. They are absolutely delicious!

They are really gorgeous.
#17 Old 10-29-2009, 04:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanie View Post

http://www.gomaxgofoods.com/

Can't see anything about their palm oil, so I assume not.
#18 Old 01-01-2010, 10:20 AM
Veggie Regular

I've just tried the Jokerz (Snickers) bar............ yum yum yum... just like a Snickers. They are very expensive, but as i was ordering a few things from Vegan Store anyway i thought i'd throw one in my basket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andromache View Post

Can't see anything about their palm oil, so I assume not.

I'm worried about this too. I didn't realise there was palm oil in it until i got it.
#19 Old 01-01-2010, 03:50 PM

The Buccaneer is like an (American) 3 Musketeers, is that right?

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#20 Old 01-03-2010, 10:36 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJen View Post

The Buccaneer is like an (American) 3 Musketeers, is that right?

I thought it was supposed to be like a UK Milky Way. I've never tried a 3 Musketeers.

So.... i emailed the company regarding their use of palm oil. Here's the lengthy reply i received...

Quote:
Thanks for taking the time to express your concern over this very important issue.

>> We are aware of what is happening in the production of palm oil, and we are currently working with a company who is actively involved with the RSPO (Roundtable

>> on Sustainable Palm Oil). The Roundtable is comprised of palm growers, palm oil users, retail users and NGO's such as World Wildlife Fund.

>>

>> The parent company of our vendor is a founding member of the RSPO and helped create this organization in order to develop an ethical and

>> sustainable process of producing palm oil. They have already implemented many of the goals of the RSPO and are committed to a program of

>> continuous improvement. The parent company of our vendor has a facility in Malaysia, and their palm oil is fully traceable throughout the entire

>> supply chain. This is something other palm oil suppliers are not incorporating in the production and sales of the product, a fully traceable history of the

> product from inception to sale.

>

>> Our vendor is producing the product consciously, with awareness, and we trust they are making positive changes within this industry.

>>

>> As it stands, we are cognizant of the problems associated with this industry, which factored into our decision to work with this particular company. The supplier we use is

>> solution oriented and working to end the decimation of the rainforests and preserve the natural habitat which so many animals call home.

>

>> Incidentally, I don't know if you know this, but the biofuel industry is the largest end user

>> of palm oils. Not all biofuel companies of course, but Tesco in the UK is one of the largest end user's who does not use

> full disclosure when it comes to their sourcing. You may want to contact them. We did.

>>

>> As longtime vegans who have been blessed to be the caretakers of rescue animals, who have volunteered at the Farm Sanctuary, who have participated

>> in rallies againist animal vivsection, and who will always work in support of animals, this is an issue we are not shying away from. We hope to bring about change

>> in the palm oil industry and that can be done by working with companies who are committed to implementing ethical and sustainable ways of producing the product.

>>

>> I hope this gives you some insight as to who we are, and how we are trying to do things.

>>

>> Best,

>> Susan

>> Go Max Go Foods

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page