Is anyone in Brighton or Hove? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-13-2009, 09:49 AM
Veggie Regular

Hi!!

I just moved to Brighton/Hove with my husband (vegan23) and we were looking for friends to meet here. I'm from Texas and he is from Romania, i'm desperate for friends as I haven't made new friends in 10 years. Anyone from London would be nice also, we don't go very much because of the swine flu thing but we could meet halfway maybe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-13-2009, 09:54 AM
Banned

I'm planning to go to Brighton in the next few weeks with a bunch of omnis, I'd be up for meeting with you guys at a nice vegan place for lunch
#3 Old 08-13-2009, 10:18 AM
Veggie Regular

Oh great! Just pm me your details when you get here or before then if you like.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-13-2009, 10:26 AM
Veggie Regular

Hi there. I'm not in Brighton but my son is so I go there to visit and would happily meet up too.

Worzel, when you going? We'll prob not make it down before the beginning of October at the moment.
#5 Old 08-13-2009, 10:46 AM
Banned

I'll probably be going the week after next. Not sure which day yet, since it needs to be a day that my mum has off work, when my nan's feet aren't hurting and when the weather is nice. Pray for me

It's not far from London though so we could go a meet-up with all of us in October too.
#6 Old 08-13-2009, 10:48 AM
Veggie Regular

Hekaterine, it would be great if you could have lunch or coffee sometime! How often do you visit?
#7 Old 08-13-2009, 10:53 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorzelGummidge View Post

I'll probably be going the week after next. Not sure which day yet, since it needs to be a day that my mum has off work, when my nan's feet aren't hurting and when the weather is nice. Pray for me

It's not far from London though so we could go a meet-up with all of us in October too.

Cool - a meet-up in October sounds like an excellent idea, we'll organise closer to the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carried View Post

Hekaterine, it would be great if you could have lunch or coffee sometime! How often do you visit?

I'd love to meet up thanks. My son has only recently moved to Brighton so I haven't got a visiting schedule sorted yet. I sometimes go to London for conferences so thought I'd take in Brighton at the same time on those occasions and then make three or four specific trips (long weekends) a year.

This time we're making a bit of a week of it and have rented a flat in Seaford from 5-9 October so we can bring the dog

We'll definitely sort out a meet-up. I used to have friends from Texas - haven't seen them for years!
#8 Old 08-13-2009, 11:51 AM

Ooh can we come too? Brighton is awesome!

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#9 Old 08-13-2009, 12:41 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJen View Post

Ooh can we come too? Brighton is awesome!

Of course!!The more people that come the better! Are you british? I always thought you were American for some reason.
#10 Old 08-13-2009, 12:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hekaterine View Post

Cool - a meet-up in October sounds like an excellent idea, we'll organise closer to the time.

I'd love to meet up thanks. My son has only recently moved to Brighton so I haven't got a visiting schedule sorted yet. I sometimes go to London for conferences so thought I'd take in Brighton at the same time on those occasions and then make three or four specific trips (long weekends) a year.

This time we're making a bit of a week of it and have rented a flat in Seaford from 5-9 October so we can bring the dog

We'll definitely sort out a meet-up. I used to have friends from Texas - haven't seen them for years!

This will be so much fun!! What part of Texas are your friends from? I'm from Fort Worth, its North Texas.
#11 Old 08-13-2009, 12:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Yay, let's have a mini-meet up in Brighton and Jen can come too

Quote:
What part of Texas are your friends from?

You know, I just knew you were going to ask me this! I think it might be Fort Worth also - definitely Fort Something (!)

I knew them when they were in the forces and they were stationed in Germany with me and my ex-husband so I never visited them in Texas, although I did go see them in Savannah when they were based there.
#12 Old 08-13-2009, 12:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hekaterine View Post

Yay, let's have a mini-meet up in Brighton and Jen can come too

You know, I just knew you were going to ask me this! I think it might be Fort Worth also - definitely Fort Something (!)

I knew them when they were in the forces and they were stationed in Germany with me and my ex-husband so I never visited them in Texas, although I did go see them in Savannah when they were based there.

lol, i'm sorry! You should visit Texas sometime, I actually really miss it now that i'm not there. If you are in the right area it wonderful.
#13 Old 08-16-2009, 09:48 AM

I live near London also, would be cool to meet up with some fellow Vegans/Veggies!
#14 Old 08-17-2009, 01:30 PM

Hekaterine, if we were to meet up around your holiday, would you have a preference of the weekend before, or the weekend after?

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#15 Old 08-19-2009, 01:52 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm from Brighton and would be happy to meet up with fellow vegans. In fact I went to my first vegan picnic on sunday with a local group, I'll post details of the facebook group when I get home, I don't have access at work!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page