• 1 Post By BiteSizeVegan
  • 2 Post By Purp
  • 1 Post By David3
  • 1 Post By BiteSizeVegan
  • 1 Post By Beautiful Joe

#1 Old 01-13-2016, 11:43 AM
Veggie Regular

10 Years In Prison For Compassion? | Anita Krajnc Trial

What happens when compassion is a crime? When someone carrying out a loving act is charged and taken to trial? Anita Krajnc found herself in such a position, facing 10 years in prison for giving water to the thirsty. It just so happened those thirsty were pigs on their way to slaughter. In this interview, Anita shares powerful words about the importance of this trial and how it's uniting vegans and non-vegans on the most basic human level of compassion for the suffering.
Purp, Naturebound and QuietVegan like this.

--------
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YouTube:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-14-2016, 10:06 PM
Veggie Regular

@River --Anita needs your help. Everyone else, the world needs help. :/

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#3 Old 01-16-2016, 09:03 AM

Wow, what a shame...

'You feed a homeless with a sandwich and nobody asks if it's poisoned'... That was brilliant.

How the hell did we get here, to the point that even a simple act of kindness automatically raises suspicion?

Thanks for posting, it was quite interesting to think about how the world ticks nowadays, I'm sure she had been set free and without any charges not so long ago by any sensible jury

However the real problem is that the animals are legally speaking property of the company. They are not seen by them as individuals, they are seen as 'just alive meat', and that is a shame too. For the world the game is about property, not beings who deserve compassion or respect... Or even to be free!
Purp likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-17-2016, 06:10 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf_Whistle View Post
Wow, what a shame...

'You feed a homeless with a sandwich and nobody asks if it's poisoned'... That was brilliant.

How the hell did we get here, to the point that even a simple act of kindness automatically raises suspicion?

Thanks for posting, it was quite interesting to think about how the world ticks nowadays, I'm sure she had been set free and without any charges not so long ago by any sensible jury

However the real problem is that the animals are legally speaking property of the company. They are not seen by them as individuals, they are seen as 'just alive meat', and that is a shame too. For the world the game is about property, not beings who deserve compassion or respect... Or even to be free!
You're so very welcome. I loved that point she made too. It's perverse what's deemed "legal" and "illegal" in the animal products industry.
Purp likes this.

--------

YouTube:

Facebook:

#5 Old 01-17-2016, 12:54 PM
Veggie Regular

Off topic: Does anyone else see the irony of the slaughterhouse called "FEAR MANS"?
LedBoots and Lil' Tofu like this.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#6 Old 01-17-2016, 12:57 PM
Vegan since 1991

I see some petitions circulating for this. Is it too late to sign?
Purp likes this.

_________

Specific recommendations for a healthy diet include: eating more fruit, vegetables, legumes, nuts and grains; cutting down on salt, sugar and fats. It is also advisable to choose unsaturated fats, instead of saturated fats and towards the elimination of trans-fatty acids."
- United Nations' World Health Organization
http://www.who.int/topics/diet/en/
#7 Old 01-19-2016, 06:53 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post
Off topic: Does anyone else see the irony of the slaughterhouse called "FEAR MANS"?
it's very aptly named.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David3 View Post
I see some petitions circulating for this. Is it too late to sign?
no not at all. there's one I linked in the video description that Anita gave to me.
Purp likes this.

--------

YouTube:

Facebook:

#8 Old 01-19-2016, 10:57 AM
Veggie Regular

I very much doubt that she will be sentenced to ten years.
Purp likes this.
#9 Old 01-19-2016, 04:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful Joe View Post
I very much doubt that she will be sentenced to ten years.
I hope you're right.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page