• 1 Post By LedBoots
  • 4 Post By rasitha.wijesekera
  • 1 Post By Go Vegan
  • 2 Post By Ashwani
  • 1 Post By LedBoots

#1 Old 02-11-2015, 04:27 PM
Beginner

What's with all the hate?

Recently I've been watching many videos on YouTube about all kinds of vegetarian/vegan type stuff. A few videos were from BuzzFeed that had vegans do taxidermy, meat eaters try vegan cheese and fake meats and so on. I keep noticing so much hate from meat eating individuals in the comment section. I know I know reading comments is just asking for trouble but I was just curious to see what people thought. (PS I never comment or reply on the comments because I think its futile)

So many are extremely closed minded. I'm vegetarian but I consider myself fairly open minded and understand why people would eat meat and why they don't understand why people would give that up. I may not fully respect those choices to eat meat but I'm never mean and cruel to those people about it.

So I'm wondering why are people so hateful. Yes it's a big question but DAMN there is hatred that infects people to their core out there. What's so wrong about someone not eating meat or animal products. Its not like veganism has done anything to negatively impact these people...

LeThieu92
Amour sans question, amour simple, amour pour le coeur

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-11-2015, 05:25 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

From wiki:
In psychology, cognitive dissonance is the mental stress or discomfort experienced by an individual who holds two or more contradictory beliefs, ideas, or values at the same time, or is confronted by new information that conflicts with existing beliefs, ideas, or values.[1][2]

Leon Festinger's theory of cognitive dissonance focuses on how humans strive for internal consistency. When inconsistency (dissonance) is experienced, individuals tend to become psychologically uncomfortable and they are motivated to attempt to reduce this dissonance, as well as actively avoiding situations and information which are likely to increase it.[1]
#3 Old 02-11-2015, 05:53 PM
Veggie Regular

It's YouTube.... 99% of YouTube videos have hate comments on them.

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-11-2015, 05:55 PM
Oryzatarian

Humans are diverse critters, there are many reasons they can act all wackadoo
As Leddy indicated, cognitive dissonance is one possibility.
Another is the juvenile drive to proliferate their own little ego at any cost- love them or hate them, it doesnt matter, so long as their ego grows (a major fuel driving racism, graffiti, etc.).
Some feel a desperate need to consider themselves superior to someone because they see themselves as inferior to others (also seen a lot in racism, etc.).
Some are simply ignorant, and fear fills in the gaping void. Then anger often covers over the fear because anger seems less threatening, as it implies power.
Some are brainwashed.
And some are simply barking mad lunatics

Theres all kinds of reasons people might have to pester veg*ns. But why care what random strangers think?
#5 Old 02-11-2015, 06:06 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auxin View Post
Humans are diverse critters, there are many reasons they can act all wackadoo
As Leddy indicated, cognitive dissonance is one possibility.
Another is the juvenile drive to proliferate their own little ego at any cost- love them or hate them, it doesnt matter, so long as their ego grows (a major fuel driving racism, graffiti, etc.).
Some feel a desperate need to consider themselves superior to someone because they see themselves as inferior to others (also seen a lot in racism, etc.).
Some are simply ignorant, and fear fills in the gaping void. Then anger often covers over the fear because anger seems less threatening, as it implies power.
Some are brainwashed.
And some are simply barking mad lunatics

Theres all kinds of reasons people might have to pester veg*ns. But why care what random strangers think?

Yes there can be many reasons for people to hateful. I want to point out that if I didn't care what strangers think I wouldn't be here on this forum. None of us would be. We wanted to hear what others think and share our thoughts. It doesn't hurt me that so many individuals are extremely hateful, however I get a feeling of disgust when I realize more and more how many naive people there are in the world. It may be a dark view of things but it's reality.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

LeThieu92

#6 Old 02-12-2015, 01:02 AM
Veggie Regular

1) people don't like to feel like they are bad people.
Not me, not you, not them.

2)When we give reasons as to why we are veg*n, it infers that they are bad people. And let's not kid ourselves. If you are supporting the meat industry and its practices, that is not a good thing.

3) When confronted with this feeling, they have two options. Agree that not eating meat is the right thing to do. Or find excuses as to why eating meat is not an issue.

4) Most pick the second option. So to justify their stance they need to undermine veg*ns as much as possible. This is done by coming up with lame excuses(the lion did it! plants have feelings! ) and general ridiculing and hate towards veg*ns
#7 Old 02-12-2015, 06:03 PM
Vegan as f**k

LedBoots' quote is the perfect answer for this!

They realise deep down that they are wrong and can't accept this, so they are angry...
Ashwani likes this.
#8 Old 02-13-2015, 06:26 AM
Veggie Regular

Its a well known fact that densely packed animal content "foods" create constipation.

Constipation is known to bottle up even the thinking process (apart from the obvious)

That results in frustration/anger

Which leads them to be jealous of non-constipated people in general.

Thus the hate comments *sarcasm*

The earth has enough resources for everyones need but not their greed.

#9 Old 02-13-2015, 07:43 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun View Post
Its a well known fact that densely packed animal content "foods" create constipation.

Constipation is known to bottle up even the thinking process (apart from the obvious)

This made me giggle :P hahaha

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

LeThieu92

#10 Old 02-13-2015, 09:51 AM

These people are at crossroads - they know that they are doing something wrong, but their sense of taste prevents them from leaving or condoning it; result is frustration which comes out in the form of abuse. Don't get upset with them, have pity on them.
LedBoots and Go Vegan like this.
#11 Old 02-13-2015, 09:55 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun View Post

Are you implying they are full of sh**?
Naturebound likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page