Yao Ming taking on Chinese fishing from within. - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-23-2013, 01:24 AM
Veggie Regular

Those of you who are NBA fans will surely know Yao Ming, the 7'5" center of Houston Rockets who retired a year back is now taking on a new cause - reckless shark fishing just for its fin. The Chinese fishermen apparently just leave the shark to die in the seas after obtaining its fin. This to me is disrespect in everyway of what nature has given us. Not only does a sea-living creature die in pain, the seas too become contaminated by such an act, all because the fin adds to a small part of a dish which in the chef's view, is not necessary at all.Yao Ming has created enough noise on the same and according to the fishermen themselves, demand is steeply decreasing. I hope this stops very soon as the sea is an ecosystem as well and any imbalance will cause deep reprisals for the future. 

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/yao-ming-anti-shark-fin-soup-crusader-showing-185128028--nba.html

I know that any change takes time, influence is a slow process even if the need to change is urgent. I guess only small victories like this can lead to it. It's funny that nature has given man everything from fresh water, to fruit bearing trees and vegetables that can be plucked from plants without harm, and yet all mankind ever did was spit on the face of everything that sustains them.

The earth has enough resources for everyones need but not their greed.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page