Meat eaters mocking vegetarians - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-11-2013, 05:05 AM
Veggie Regular

I get annoyed when meat eaters mock the food that vegetarians eat -- plants. Such as the photo: 

What's your initial reaction to this? What is the proper response to such ignorance? 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-11-2013, 05:28 AM
Impeach the gangster

My first reaction? That he's reveling in stupidity.

How would I respond? I've yet to have anyone show enough guts to actually address me directly that way, in real life. Every snide remark they make is for the sake of the funny pages. I think they're laughing, because they're really crying. I pity them, that they're poisoning themselves, shortening their lives and condemning themselves to an old-age fraught with pain.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
#3 Old 07-29-2013, 02:27 PM

Wow, this is ignorant. It's humorous because of the ignorance that is portrayed through this meme. It gets a little frustrating. Although, we must keep in mind that people condemn what they don't understand. People do this with an array of serious issues such as abortion, homosexuality, and racism. Since they lack the mentality that we do their first reaction is to mock it. Also a lot of meat eaters (not all) are close minded so they also find the need to ask ignorant questions to mock it. More open minded meat eaters may ask legit questions.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 07-29-2013, 02:45 PM

Seen these before and try not to react. Same as the bacon buttie (sandwich in UK) brigade and the foie gras posse. It's all for a reaction.
#5 Old 07-29-2013, 06:43 PM

let them have the laughs now, I will share the information with them after their heart attack, if they survive it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
#6 Old 07-30-2013, 01:34 AM
Veggie Regular

I think this is mocking stupid people, not vegetarians.

The sky is purple and things are right every day

#7 Old 07-30-2013, 06:31 AM

Now, that is something I want in my book! All those stupid comments or jokes we get, out of pure shame, most of the time.

Taking notes!

Isabelle, aka La Grenouille
My blog (in French): L’herbivore — http://lherbivore.ca
#8 Old 08-03-2013, 09:51 PM
Veggie Regular

I just realized there's the even more popular mockery of veg*ns: "PLANTS HAVE FEELINGS TOO!" 

Ugh. 

#9 Old 08-04-2013, 06:05 AM

Yes, I get that one sometimes from my family. And I always respond with something I read here : “If you accept to watch a movie on animal exploitation, I promise I will go with you to a strawberry harvest. Fair enough?”
Purp likes this.

Isabelle, aka La Grenouille
My blog (in French): L’herbivore — http://lherbivore.ca
#10 Old 08-15-2013, 12:47 AM
Veggie Regular

My reaction? I make fun of them too.

#11 Old 08-18-2013, 11:22 PM
Veggie Regular

It's just stupid humor, and not worth getting upset over.

If anyone ever said anything like that to me, I'd respond with "Good point! That convinces me to become a cannibal instead. Would you like to be my special guest for dinner tomorrow night?" or something similar.

Purp likes this.
#12 Old 08-19-2013, 05:35 AM
Veggie Regular

Have you seen the funny images section ?

We make fun of meat eaters, they make fun of plant eaters,

seems all good to me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
https://
https://www.autistici.org/en/index.html  https://riseup.net/en

https://pay.reddit.com/r/privacy/wiki/index

#13 Old 08-19-2013, 06:48 AM

The proper response?

You just went full retard. NEVER go full retard.

Seriously, it works. It's better when they think about how stupid it is for themselves without you having to explain it to them. There's no point getting uptight about it.

Check out my blog,
, a reflection of anime, veganism and animal rights!
Latest post: Serial Experiments Lain and the Upper Layer of Reality
#14 Old 08-19-2013, 08:24 AM
Veggie Regular

Mmmh i'm not a proponent of something irrespectul.

https://
https://www.autistici.org/en/index.html  https://riseup.net/en

https://pay.reddit.com/r/privacy/wiki/index

#15 Old 08-19-2013, 09:07 AM
Veggie Regular

I get so upset when I see these cartoons! I really try not to cry but I do sad.gif I do not take it as a personal attack... I get upset because I picture the animals in my mind that suffer terribly then die and all these @$$"@!3$! make jokes mmmm bacon and such I would really like to see them choke on their bacon and die! Ok sorry for the rant I needed to soooo bad!
#16 Old 08-19-2013, 09:17 AM

Well, it's a meme, so it's always used with some degree of facetiousness. I think that most people know things like these are really nonsensical, but indulge in them anyway to provoke us. I guess I see my reply as an act of playing along with their tone while refusing to give their arguments the consideration they'd like me to give them, which sends a different message from simply getting offended and hurling insults back or pointing out all the logical inconsistencies.

Check out my blog,
, a reflection of anime, veganism and animal rights!
Latest post: Serial Experiments Lain and the Upper Layer of Reality
#17 Old 08-19-2013, 09:26 AM
Veggie Regular

You're a 100% correct Yingchen smiley.gif I just needed rant someplace where I can be understood ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yingchen View Post

Well, it's a meme, so it's always used with some degree of facetiousness. I think that most people know things like these are really nonsensical, but indulge in them anyway to provoke us. I guess I see my reply as an act of playing along with their tone while refusing to give their arguments the consideration they'd like me to give them, which sends a different message from simply getting offended and hurling insults back or pointing out all the logical inconsistencies.
#18 Old 09-10-2013, 08:36 AM
Veggie Regular

@lavender phase, I feel you. I just get so sensitive when they mock animals (I turned vegetarian mainly because of animals) so this topic is quite sensitive to me as well.
#19 Old 09-10-2013, 09:33 AM
Veggie Regular

Yeah, lately I see so many mmmm bacon t. shirts on people and at some flea markets a stuffed toy of a monkey wearing a t.shirt that read wheres my bacon? A$$&013$ monkeys eat bananas ! Really gets me upset what is such a popular foodie with these ignorant people .... Just not funny sad.gif
#20 Old 09-10-2013, 04:17 PM
Beginner's Mind

When meat eaters mock vegetarians it's usually because they're hoping they'll look good to other meat eaters.

Jenner: I learned this much: take what you can, when you can.

Justin: Then you have learned nothing!

The Secret of NIMH

#21 Old 09-10-2013, 11:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike4891 View Post

When meat eaters mock vegetarians it's usually because they're hoping they'll look good to other meat eaters.

I personally think it's a bit more complex than that. When over 90% of people are against animal mistreatment but over 90% also eat meat, I'm guessing this means there are a lot of people with some serious cognitive dissonance. Mockery is basically just a defense mechanism along with willful blindness, the denial of their own morality, etc.

'IckenNoodleSoup likes this.
#22 Old 09-11-2013, 01:13 AM
Beginner's Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamizushi View Post

I personally think it's a bit more complex than that. When over 90% of people are against animal mistreatment but over 90% also eat meat, I'm guessing this means there are a lot of people with some serious cognitive dissonance. Mockery is basically just a defense mechanism along with willful blindness, the denial of their own morality, etc.
Yes, all that, plus showing off. It doesn't take much courage trying to fit in with the majority.

Jenner: I learned this much: take what you can, when you can.

Justin: Then you have learned nothing!

The Secret of NIMH

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in