PETA models shower nude to protest meat - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-23-2011, 11:49 AM
Veggie Regular

Sexy nekkid women and vegetarianism, two things I love.........

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2011/...-protest-meat/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-23-2011, 12:01 PM
Veggie Regular

Peta? Naked women? I'm shocked!
#3 Old 03-23-2011, 12:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Aww, I just washed those pants.

"Hell exists not to punish sinners, but to ensure that nobody sins in the first place."
#4 Old 03-23-2011, 12:47 PM
Veggie Regular

PETA conference room: "What facet of the benefits of vegetarianism can we focus on next?"
"How about how factory farming bears a lot of responsibility for global warming?"
"How can we incorporate naked women into that idea?"
"Not sure."
"Then let's think of something better! Remember, everyone, it has to have naked women. Or offensive costumes. Or insult overweight people. Now let's think really hard"
#5 Old 03-23-2011, 01:01 PM
Veggie Regular

Gotta love all the comments at the bottom.

Misstress of Fabulousness and Fashion! - *AHIMSA*
#6 Old 03-23-2011, 01:25 PM
Veggie Regular

I hate PETA. Making a mockery out of the animal rights movement. It's like Martin Luther King Jr. protesting segregation by having a bunch of naked African American women dance in the isles. Shocking, yes, effective, no.

"It is far better to be happy than to have your bodies act as graveyards for animals. Accordingly, the apostle Matthew partook of seeds, nuts and vegetables, without flesh"- Clement of Alexandria
#7 Old 03-23-2011, 03:15 PM
Joe
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Every pound of consumer meat produced requires the water equivalent of six months worth of showers, claims PETA.

That's one factoid I did not know.
#8 Old 03-23-2011, 03:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Showering NAKED?! How dare those dirty ladies, put a bathing suit on while you bathe like the rest of us

But in all seriousness I hate PETA, this stunt wasn't so bad this time though

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will then know peace" - Jimi Hendrix
#9 Old 03-23-2011, 04:55 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotoshave View Post

It's like Martin Luther King Jr. protesting segregation by having a bunch of naked African American women dance in the isles. Shocking, yes, effective, no.

I agree.
#10 Old 03-23-2011, 04:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Peta: Hey look over here! Sexxy Laydeez! Again!

Me: *barf*yawn*fart*

Who needs sleep when we've got love?
Who needs keys when we've got clubs?
Who needs please when we've got guns?
Who needs peace when we've gone above?
#11 Old 03-23-2011, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dormouse View Post

PETA conference room: "What facet of the benefits of vegetarianism can we focus on next?"
"How about how factory farming bears a lot of responsibility for global warming?"
"How can we incorporate naked women into that idea?"
"Not sure."
"Then let's think of something better! Remember, everyone, it has to have naked women. Or offensive costumes. Or insult overweight people. Now let's think really hard"

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#12 Old 03-23-2011, 06:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh Gosh I think they moved unto the new playboy but, for Vegans (sorry I couldn't resist )

Anyhow on a Serious note I am still shocked at them promoting nude stuff still. I do like the PETA recipes I am getting but I am rethinking elsewhere to protest animal cruelty.
#13 Old 03-23-2011, 07:15 PM
Impeach the gangster

How do I get notice of where these disgusting displays are going to occur, so I can attend?

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
#14 Old 03-23-2011, 07:21 PM
Ira
Banned

I like PETA, I can see them doing lots of good.sine they are the scapegoat of all the dumb omnis, I try not to bring them up though. This isn't my favorite idea of getting attention, but if it works for some, it should be done. since they do it pretty often, they might be having some success with it
#15 Old 03-23-2011, 08:11 PM
Banned

deleted

#16 Old 03-23-2011, 08:21 PM
Veggie Regular

I have said it onc and I will say it again sex sells. They do raunchier things burgers. Oh and the T-back hot dog stands.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe
#17 Old 03-24-2011, 01:26 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewFL View Post

Gotta love all the comments at the bottom.

Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirstenKat View Post

Showering NAKED?! How dare those dirty ladies, put a bathing suit on while you bathe like the rest of us

#18 Old 03-25-2011, 06:56 PM
Veggie Regular

PETA makes me confused and sad a lot. I really like their vice president, Bruce Friedrich. He co-authored a very good book about effective outreach that's still near the top of my favorite pro-animal books. Yet the stuff PETA pushes off on a daily basis seems to ignore his own good advice.

Tam! RUGH!
#19 Old 03-25-2011, 09:46 PM
Riot Nrrrd

Who's up for an interesting somewhat related but ultimately irrelevant factoid?

The 19th/early 20th century German vegetarian movement grew out of the naturist (nudist) movement.

Told ya it was irrelevant. But interesting ...

Dave in MPLS / DISCLAIMER: I am not an actual rooster.
"It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness"
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 18002738255
#20 Old 03-27-2011, 09:19 AM
Veggie Regular

I love the class that PETA bring to the animal rights movement.
#21 Old 03-27-2011, 07:24 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm starting to wonder if PETA is some sort of conspiracy group formed by people who want to mock the whole animal rights movement.

It's not in what you say, it's in what you do (Oasis)

Feeling bored? Why don't you wander over to my blog sometime. http://thebohemiankitchen.wordpress.com
#22 Old 03-28-2011, 07:33 AM
Veggie Regular

I am beginning to wonder about that also but they have good recipes tho.
#23 Old 03-28-2011, 08:46 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacefulveglady View Post

but they have good recipes tho.

And that's the main thing!

m8itcanw8.com
#24 Old 03-29-2011, 05:15 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira View Post

I like PETA, I can see them doing lots of good.sine they are the scapegoat of all the dumb omnis, I try not to bring them up though. This isn't my favorite idea of getting attention, but if it works for some, it should be done. since they do it pretty often, they might be having some success with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideBlonde View Post

I have said it onc and I will say it again sex sells. They do raunchier things burgers. Oh and the T-back hot dog stands.

Animal liberation is a step towards total human emancipation, and that means from sexism, sizeism and class distinctions which PETA helps promote. Not only do actions like this trivialise veganism, they promote the very distinctions which encourage and thrive in the same ways that anti-animal sentiments do.

In this grand illusion of entitlement to life / Our 'need' is a mask for our greed and it's not right /
We are executioners who parade ourselves as kings / As selfish and deluded as the blood-bathed Bathory. ~Kingdom, 'Bathory' xVx
#25 Old 03-29-2011, 10:38 AM
Banned

i don't see how this is all so serious. it's not like they're marching nude into the middle schools, and you really can't see much of anything. so it's an attention grabber. so what?
#26 Old 03-29-2011, 12:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappa View Post

Animal liberation is a step towards total human emancipation, and that means from sexism, sizeism and class distinctions which PETA helps promote. Not only do actions like this trivialise veganism, they promote the very distinctions which encourage and thrive in the same ways that anti-animal sentiments do.

Agreed

As long as there are slaughterhouses there will be battlefields. - Leo Tolstoy
My blog -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#27 Old 03-29-2011, 12:44 PM
Impeach the gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappa View Post

Total human emancipation? Obviously these women should not be out in public, but back in the kitchen, where they belong! Wearing corsets!

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
#28 Old 03-29-2011, 12:50 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post

Total human emancipation? Obviously these women should not be out in public, but back in the kitchen, where they belong! Wearing corsets!

Well no, not exactly. PETA's vision of the modern woman is that she must be naked in the kitchen, not wearing a corset, and whenever she's not cooking vegetables, she should be screwing them, cuz we all know that's what the menfolk like.

www.thesaucyvegan.com
#29 Old 03-29-2011, 12:54 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomebodyElse View Post

Well no, not exactly. PETA's vision of the modern woman is that she must be naked in the kitchen, not wearing a corset, and whenever she's not cooking vegetables, she should be screwing them, cuz we all know that's what the menfolk like.

*****, get back into the kitchen and cook my dinner. Who said you could have an opinion?
#30 Old 03-29-2011, 01:00 PM
Impeach the gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomebodyElse View Post

Men like women screwing vegetables? That's a new one.... I'll have to think that one over. Actually, these ladies made me aware of the water issue associated with meat consumption, so their 'immoral' conduct wasn't completely without value.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page