AETA case dismissed - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-13-2010, 12:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
A U.S. District Court has thrown out the indictment of four animal rights activists who were charged with violating the Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act, because the government did not clearly explain what, exactly, the protesters did [that was illegal]

The indictment only listed legal activities or activities that appeared to be legal... Which was why this whole mess was so frightening to aboveground activists and advocates. Luckily, the judge demanded more evidence of criminal conduct.

This is huge! I'm very happy about this. You?

Link: http://www.greenisthenewred.com/blog...ismissed/3015/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-13-2010, 07:15 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm happy to hear that this judge didn't buy the "terrorist" hype and actually examined the supposed criminal actions of these young activists, which were all covered by the First Amendment all along.

Tam! RUGH!
#3 Old 07-14-2010, 01:53 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm very happy about it, but there's a chance the government could re-indict them. I'm really hoping they don't do so.

As long as there are slaughterhouses there will be battlefields. - Leo Tolstoy
My blog -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 07-21-2010, 02:01 PM
Veggie Regular

if only they put this much effort in prosecuting the real criminals as they do in chasing ARA around.

Atame.
#5 Old 07-22-2010, 08:54 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridaisa' date='21 July 2010 - 03:01 PM' timestamp='1279742472' post='2676869 View Post

if only they put this much effort in prosecuting the real criminals as they do in chasing ARA around.

They'd have to arrest over half the people in their own profession.

Tam! RUGH!
#6 Old 07-22-2010, 01:08 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeria' date='14 July 2010 - 12:53 AM' timestamp='1279094011' post='2673478 View Post

but there's a chance the government could re-indict them. I'm really hoping they don't do so.

I don't believe this will happen. The prosecution already gave it their best shot and failed. They'd have to come up with some new information, and they haven't been able to do it after all this time.

"If you want to know where you would have stood on slavery before the civil war, don't look at where you stand on slavery today, look at where you stand on animal rights." - Paul Watson.

Every animal you eat
was running for her life

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page