Peace Corps - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-04-2010, 11:59 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

I'm currently apply to the Peace Corps, and I was wondering if anyone on here has done this previously, and what their experiences were.

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-05-2010, 08:25 PM
Veggie Regular

I'd kill to join the Peace Corps.

On a serious note, I think service organizations are great and so are the people who serve in them.

--
The Twilight Is My Robe
#3 Old 08-14-2010, 05:52 AM
Veggie Regular

I was just searching to find this out and didn't know you had applied! What program did you apply for? Health, education, etc.? Did you specify a region you prefer? Have you heard anything back yet? So many questions, sorry!

I've just started a 3rd contract year in Japan, and I'm debating whether to recontract for a fourth year, leave next summer and apply to study midwifery (which I'm planning on doing after anyway if I don't choose this option), or applying to the Peace Corps. I'm worried though that my history of (very mild) asthma recurrent bronchitis (in college only) will slow the application way down and limit the positions available to me. I'm hoping to apply to be a health volunteer. I really wanted to do this after college, actually, but they told me the health issues would make it a bad idea - that was when I was just coming out of being constantly sick for four years. So I came to Japan, and have been much healthier overall since then. Suddenly it occurred to me that I could apply AFTER Japan, and I'm so happy I thought of it! I don't know why I didn't think of that earlier, haha.

Anyway, I'd love to hear if there've been any recent developments, or if anyone else has experience with it. (Can you tell I'm over excited? )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-14-2010, 07:47 AM
Veggie Regular

Yeah, what happened with that? I'm curious...
#5 Old 09-14-2010, 05:03 AM
Veggie Regular

Bump...?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page