animal testing is all I think about - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-13-2009, 06:40 PM
Beginner

Every minute I am constantly thinking about the poor animals stuck in these awful nightmare labs. My family says I am being radical. There is a testing lab near our house and all I can think of is how I can get these animals out of there. I'm a friggin' mess. Darn internet. Changed my way of thinking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-13-2009, 07:56 PM
Veggie Regular

((hugs)) It's not being radical to be broken hearted about things being hurt. I go through bouts of thinking like this too. Sometimes I just have to try to block it out to give myself a mental break. I do this by stepping away from any reading on the subject and just trying to focus on more positive things. Support the organisations who try to put a stop to this type thing. Other than trying to break them out and landing in jail, it's really all you can do.
#3 Old 11-13-2009, 10:44 PM
Beginner

I feel the same. Animal suffering is CONSTANTLY in the back of my mind. Everytime I'm at the shops all I see are butchers, fish shops, products made with animal ingrediants, products that have been tested on animals........it's so frustrating. I try to block it out though otherwise it would drive me crazy. People really suck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-13-2009, 11:26 PM
Veggie Regular

This is probably forward and out of place but you should look into Buddhism. One of the four main precepts is that the nature of life is suffering. Not that I'm trying to justify it at all. I just thought seeing their take on suffering might help you come to some kind of peace with all the insanity in the world.
#5 Old 11-14-2009, 05:40 AM

I read some stuff about it when I first went vegan and it made me so angry that I try and avoid it now.

I actually did give a donation this week to an organisation that campaigns against animal testing to help them a little bit http://www.uncaged.co.uk/ There is also http://www.drhadwentrust.org/ who try and find replacements for animal experiments. I'm not sure what country you are from but there may be organisations like this where you live.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page