Bad Yogurt - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-10-2009, 06:21 AM
Veggie Regular

I opened a container of vegan yogurt, stirred it up and took a bite. It was awful! I've had this yogurt before and I know what it tastes like so I know this yogurt is bad. It tastes like vinegar. Straight up vinegar.

The yogurt is not past its expiration date so I'm trying to figure out why its bad. And now I'm scared to eat the other yogurts I got.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-10-2009, 06:38 AM
Veggie Regular

Maybe that is just the taste? I'm not sold on vegan yogurt, I think it just tastes awful and is always full of stuff that doesn't seem that healthy (maybe just the brands in Australia).

I reckon you need to go open one now and return with the verdict!
#3 Old 07-10-2009, 07:41 AM
Veggie Regular

What brand was it? Yogurt was actually my main concern about going vegan since I ate one every day. I have tried pretty much every brand.

My favorite is Trader Joe's brand, and Silk is second.

Oh, and the So Delicious Coconut Milk yogurts are really good, but pretty expensive (about $2 each), so I usually don't buy it. They sure do taste good though!

I really didn't like any of the other brands... Whole Soy or Wildwood I think. O'Soy has dairy cultures in it, but I think I tried it before I knew that, and didn't like it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 07-10-2009, 07:41 AM
Veggie Regular

No that is not how the vanilla is supposed to taste. The brand is WholeSoy & Co and I've always loved their yogurt. Tastes like "normal" yogurt and the vanilla and lemon are my favorite. I just opened up the strawberry and it tastes normal. I noticed something about the other container of vanilla I got. The lid is popping up and its not opened yet so I think the vanilla ones got contaminated. I didn't notice that on the vanilla I opened but maybe it was just starting to pop. The other yogurts are fine.
#5 Old 07-10-2009, 07:46 AM
Veggie Regular

Well, glad the other yogurts are fine for you If you have your receipt, take those vanilla ones back to the store.
#6 Old 07-10-2009, 11:52 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitChick99 View Post

What brand was it? Yogurt was actually my main concern about going vegan since I ate one every day. I have tried pretty much every brand.

My favorite is Trader Joe's brand, and Silk is second.

Oh, and the So Delicious Coconut Milk yogurts are really good, but pretty expensive (about $2 each), so I usually don't buy it. They sure do taste good though!

I really didn't like any of the other brands... Whole Soy or Wildwood I think. O'Soy has dairy cultures in it, but I think I tried it before I knew that, and didn't like it.

O'Soy is awful! GAG! I also tried it before I realized it had dairy cultures. What the heck do they put in there that make it taste that bad? Yuck yuck yuck. I eat Silk yogurt fairly regularly, I LOVE it--it doesn't taste different from regular yogurt to me at all... If I had tried it right after going vegan I might not think so, I'm very very used to the taste of soymilk.... Does anyone know if they sell boxes of their yogurt, or only individual containers?

Anyway, once I let a blueberry Silk yogurt sit in the refrigerator for two months afters its expiration date and still decided to try to eat it. XD I took one spoonful and yuck! It did taste like vinegar, just like you described.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page