Vegan Treats Exchange!! Post your Pics Here!! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-30-2009, 08:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Yay to all who have been patient, either about opening their boxes or posting pics. Welcome to May 1st (well in 45 min here, but I know it's already May 1 to some of our participants)! Post away!

** Please let me know if you did not receive a package yet after the mailman comes today, and you have not already been notified about a delay. We'll work from there. **

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-01-2009, 01:37 AM
Banned

OK so I'll be first.

It was like Christmas morning here in North Wales. Ran downstairs, made some coffee and opened the box.

What a treasure trove! 3 different types of very cool looking hot sauce, some fruit stick snacks, licoricie (my fav!), tandoori sauce, tea, soap, a handy veg brush, an extremely clever baster brush thingy that I will use tomorrow, toothpaste squeezer, chocolate peantut butter snacks (tastes great with some hot sauce) and the two top prizes: a banana slicer and cactus jerky. I was just saying to myself: gee, I sure wish I could eat more bananas but all of that slicing is such a pain: wouldn't it be great if there was a thing that could slice them all at once? Can't wait to try to the cactus jerky but its time for a morning peanut butter, banana, hot sauce sandwich.

Thanks so much for this! Looking forward to reading the magazine, too!

Oooo. Am I supposed to reveal the name of the mystery sender here?
#3 Old 05-01-2009, 03:17 AM
Veggie Regular

I was naughty girl and I opened my package immediately when I got it and oh boy what a package! I must have been super duper good girl to get that kind box full of goodies.

My wish was to get Jan./Feb. issue of vegnews and I got it but I got so much more too. My sender had read my answers in the secret Santa questions thread and I got so much stuff what I wished in there. I got two bags of lima beans, yay! I get to try those now. I also got a lot of stuff what I can put to my lunch box. I found out that one of my favorites are those Clif mini bars. I already did some research where from I can order them because that size is perfect to my lunch box.

I also got fruit stripes and gummi bears what are really perfect to put into my lunch box. I also got box of cookie bites and I have tried to find place to order those too, no luck so far. Oh and one of the best things in that package was that bag of chocolate chips. Now I can bake some goodies with them. They don't sell those in this stupid country.

I also got bar of dark chocolate with dried cherry, nutritional yeast (you always have use to that), measuring dish, box of vegan vegetable bouillon, mix of stickers and other stuff and box of cards with envelopes. There were also vanilla body lotion and moisture shave. Thought now I must ask that what I supposed to do with that last one? Is it just lotion or does it have some special use? I tried to figure it out from from the tube but couldn't.

And last but not least my sender had done a hat to me. I promise it's going to be in good use in the next winter when it's going to be cold in here again. If that really was your first try to do something like that I must say that you did good work with it! I love it.

Oh and no the cat was not in the package, she is mine and just came to check what I got when I was taking that picture.

And who was that sender who went "little" over the top with her package, well she is heidiny77. Thank you so much!

Yeah, this was like Christmas and birthday in the same day.
LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 05-01-2009, 03:50 AM
Veggie Regular

I was told by my sender to open the package immediately due to some perishables inside. So I've been waiting all week to post these pictures!

I got not one, but two homemade goodies!!! First was a loaf of banana bread and the other was chocolate cupcakes. Both were delicious and have been ruining my diet all week! And both came with the recipes posted on the front. My husband has been so spoiled because I'm not usually a baker, so homemade baked goods in this house are a rare treat.

I also got two dark chocolate bars (one raspberry and one mint flavored), a box of mango, peach and pineapple tea which I can't wait to try and container of bath salts which left the whole package smelling really good when I opened it.

And all this was from the wonderful ilovesabzi!!! Thank you so much! I loved my treats and it was so exciting and special to get something like that in the mail.

#5 Old 05-01-2009, 07:40 AM
Banned

Wow, I got all kinds of cool treats. I won't have to buy or make dessert for a couple of weeks!! And most of these are new to me. The only things I got that I have tried were the Larabars and I LOVE Larabars and the flavors I got were two of my favorites: Cashew cookie and Apple Pie.

I also got three HUGE cookies from the Alternative Baking Company, seitan jerky (I can't wait to try this), a boatload of stretch fruit, and Pure bars. What a great stash. The only thing is, the mystery sender must reveal himself or herself as there was no sender info save an address . So, whoever you are...THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

#6 Old 05-01-2009, 11:29 AM
Veggie Regular

I wasn't part of the exchange, but cowgirrlup asked over on the EM thread if one of us could post this for her (emphasis mine):

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirrlup View Post

HI!

I have a HUGE favor to ask you guys..er gals..well, you know what I mean. I was part of the last vegan snack exchange and today is the day we can open our packages and post pictures and thank our senders...

When I do a search for the new vegan snack exchange photos thread, I get kicked off of VB...every single time. Its totally bizarre and hubby isn't home to fix whatever this is...

Could someone pretty please go to that thread and tell Lindsey Thank you, that I opened the package this morning (hubby had it hidden) and I LOVE all my gifts.... and I will post pictures when I can get on that thread...

I know its a pain and I have NO clue why I cannot access the thread...

Thank you so much fellow EM addicts. Love u all

I am going to reboot this computer again...but I dont think it will help...

Thank you!

#7 Old 05-01-2009, 12:07 PM
Veggie Regular

My sender was LetoTheTyrant! I got an assortment of snacks that I've never seen before and can't wait to try! Here's what I received:

- Hot and spicy cactus jerky (in true Austin, TX fashion )

- Tofurky original tofu jerky

- TWO flavours of vegan jello!

- TWO "Go Raw" energy bars: spirulina and live granola

- A Bumblebar

- A sesame bar (I love love love sesame!)

- some organic whole grain seeded crackers

Thank you so much LetoTheTyrant!
LL
#8 Old 05-01-2009, 12:36 PM
Veggie Regular

My sender was Playbackguru - thank you very much! I got a chocolate cookie, chocolate tortillia chips, ginger chews, almond butter, cherry pie food bar, split pea soup, raw cashew almond bar, purple rice crackers, onion miso and tofu soup, mac & chreese, jerquee, gravy mix, marshmallow bar, primal strips thai peanut and a Veggieboards sticker. It all looks great, and I like that there were some things I'd consider typically American, like the mac & chreese and the jerky, so it's a cultural exchange too . Right, I think that chocolate cookie and the marshmallow bar are about to be the first to disappear...

#9 Old 05-01-2009, 12:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTree15 View Post

Wow, I got all kinds of cool treats. I won't have to buy or make dessert for a couple of weeks!! And most of these are new to me. The only things I got that I have tried were the Larabars and I LOVE Larabars and the flavors I got were two of my favorites: Cashew cookie and Apple Pie.

I also got three HUGE cookies from the Alternative Baking Company, seitan jerky (I can't wait to try this), a boatload of stretch fruit, and Pure bars. What a great stash. The only thing is, the mystery sender must reveal himself or herself as there was no sender info save an address . So, whoever you are...THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

*sheepishly waves*

Yeah, we got it all taped up and realized I didn't identify squat.

I am so glad you like everything!!!!
#10 Old 05-01-2009, 01:38 PM
Veggie Regular

Yahoo! My computer is working again! Hubby will be back later so that I can post the photos.

Thank you, Lindsey! I lOVE everything! I already ate one of the Cowboy cookies and I did not share it with anyone! The Praise Seitan sticker is already on my VW and it looks great there. Thank you!

I am saving the Chocolate eggs for later. I have never seen those before and they look absolutely wonderful.

Hubby was eyeing the peanut butter as soon as I opened the box this morning..

It just dawned on me that I took a photo with my phone before I found hubby's camera....I can upload that and post it.

BRB..Thank you Lindsey!

ETA: I put the cow huggy pin on the praise seitan sticker just so it didn't blend in to the background. This was before it was put on the VW obviously....its now on my jacket lapel.

Ok, here is my photo:

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

#11 Old 05-01-2009, 01:47 PM
Veggie Regular

IamJen was my sender and I want to say thank you so much! I am so excited to try everything! And thank you for not sending me a spider...

My package contained ginger nuts, an Oxford U hat, two mags, chili jam, Heinz Hoops, vegan Starbursts!!!, chocolate buttons (already gone) and a chocolate bar, rice crackle bar, seaweed soap, facial stuff (which I can't wait to try), naked bars, whizzers, and some crips!

I took a pic but I'm not sure it turned out so great...any way, thank you again! I love it all!
LL
#12 Old 05-01-2009, 02:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Well, I'm still on the hunt for the missing camera charger, but I wanted to let sOad know that I received my package and LOVE my stuff! I opened the prettiest box and found so many awesome things. I got: A cinnamon bun soy candle that smells divine, dark chocolate and peanut butter cookies,peach and blackberry preserves, a green tea bar, my favorite spicy ginger candy, a jar of dried fire roasted tomatoes ,cranberry bread mix, and a huge thing of flavored teas. I'll try my best to refrain from eating while I look for my charger, but I'm pretty sure I won't make it! Thanks again Melissa..
#13 Old 05-01-2009, 02:29 PM
Veggie Regular

My sender was Derwenna. I received: vegan starbursts(I might need a supplier now!), chocolate buttons, a mint chocolate candy bar, marmite sticks(I kinda like them!), fruit sherberts candy, vegetarian pate, tomato and herb crackers, jammy rings(so good!), vegan parmesan, raspberry bites, marzipan bar, vegan fudge!!!!, Earl Grey Tea (fair trade even!!), spicy snack mix (Bombay mix?).

Everything was so good. I was bad and opened it when I got it a month ago! My students in my homeroom had a sampling party with me. They can't wait for the next snack exchange so they can try more treats!

Thanks so much Derwenna!
LL
#14 Old 05-01-2009, 02:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidiny77 View Post

IamJen was my sender and I want to say thank you so much! I am so excited to try everything! And thank you for not sending me a spider...

My package contained ginger nuts, an Oxford U hat, two mags, chili jam, Heinz Hoops, vegan Starbursts!!!, chocolate buttons (already gone) and a chocolate bar, rice crackle bar, seaweed soap, facial stuff (which I can't wait to try), naked bars, whizzers, and some crips!

I took a pic but I'm not sure it turned out so great...any way, thank you again! I love it all!

Those chocolate buttons are great aren't they? I am so jealous that people can have vegan starburst anytime! I got some of those, too! It had been so long since I'd had starburst!
#15 Old 05-01-2009, 02:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaganNC View Post

Those chocolate buttons are great aren't they? I am so jealous that people can have vegan starburst anytime! I got some of those, too! It had been so long since I'd had starburst!

I haven't started in on the starbursts yet...it's just way too exciting!
#16 Old 05-01-2009, 03:56 PM
Veggie Regular

To my sender: I am at my dorm right now, I had it sent to my home address. It has arrived, but I haven't been there to open it. So, I will post in about a week. Thanks!
#17 Old 05-01-2009, 04:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Looks like another awesome exchange! My friends can't believe we do this, but I love it. Anyway 3LittleBirds sent me an awesome box of local faves.

They include: an oatmeal chocolate chunk cookie, tamari almonds, some out of this world handmade pretzels, raw chocolate spread, dark chocolate eggs, Suzannes Strawberry Rice Nectar, almond macaroons, Peach, Amaretto, Pecan jelly, Grawnola, a choclate mint raw bar and a really cute mushroom loofah kitchen scrubber. The cookie and the pretzels did not last long! I dipped a macaroon in the chocolate spread...oh boy that was so awesome. Thanks for all the awesome treats, and thanks to the great friends I have made here on VB and the terrific organizers of the exchange.
#18 Old 05-01-2009, 04:30 PM
Veggie Regular

Mmmm that all looks awesome you guys! I'm so glad this has kept on a-goin!
#19 Old 05-01-2009, 05:32 PM
Veggie Regular

desert_dweller is my new BFF!! I opened my package this morning and there's so much awesome stuff in there!!

So a brief overview: olives, Mexican lime olive oil, agave nectar (which I have never tried), pistachios, salsa, a dish towel and potholder that match, jewelry (apparently handmade in the great state of AZ), notepads, a journal, cat toys (which my cat, Jack, has already molested and claimed for his own; my other cat will no doubt join him in the near future), a cute bottle, and it was all packaged in these 2 great bags that I can now use for shopping!!

Here are pics!

ETA: I forgot to say, jalapeno pistachios (didn't even know they existed), and two kinds of tea! Yay!! Thank you so much Melinda!!
#20 Old 05-01-2009, 06:08 PM
Veggie Regular

Thank you Andie! You are my new BFF too! Here are the great treats that Andie (a7dk) sent me...

I was extra excited to see the cookies were from a company in Massachusetts (where I was born and lived for 41 years before escaping the snow and moving to the desert almost 5 years ago). I had 2 for dessert and they were AWESOME! I dunked them in my rice milk... I might just have to have one more after my run... Hubby had one and loved it too. Can't wait to try everything else (the candle and soap have a lovely light scent) and was super thrilled with the VWAV cookbook as I did not have it! Again, thanks so much!

#21 Old 05-01-2009, 06:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert-dweller View Post

Thank you Andie! You are my new BFF too! Here are the great treats that Andie (a7dk) sent me...

I was extra excited to see the cookies were from a company in Massachusetts (where I was born and lived for 41 years before escaping the snow and moving to the desert almost 5 years ago). I had 2 for dessert and they were AWESOME! I dunked them in my rice milk... I might just have to have one more after my run... Hubby had one and loved it too. Can't wait to try everything else (the candle and soap have a lovely light scent) and was super thrilled with the VWAV cookbook as I did not have it! Again, thanks so much!

I'm glad you thought the soap had a "lovely light scent;" when I sent it I was afraid the overpowering scent of it would make your cookies taste like soap!
#22 Old 05-01-2009, 06:23 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by a7dk View Post

I'm glad you thought the soap had a "lovely light scent;" when I sent it I was afraid the overpowering scent of it would make your cookies taste like soap!

The cookies definitely did not taste like soap!
#23 Old 05-01-2009, 07:52 PM
Veggie Regular

I opened mine after work last night. It was technically May 1. My sender was sallyomally, and as usual, she sent great stuff. I'll post a pic in a minute. I have to find the cord to my camera. Thank you!
#24 Old 05-01-2009, 07:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Just came to check in on the snack enchange pics and tell my Mr. Falafel i'm glad everything made it there safetly! I was so worried something would break or customs would remove some stuff. LOL, I'm happy you got a kick out of the banana slicer!! When I saw it i couldnt believe such a lazy contraption could exist and thought it was hilarious!!

I need to get around to finding were my usb cord floated off to so I can post pics! I have had a rough start of the weekend with my new puppy get very ill. I'll post back soon I promise!
#25 Old 05-01-2009, 08:23 PM
Veggie Regular

So here's all my great stuff. The coconut/almond bar is already gone. So are most of the dog treats. I can't wait til it gets warm enough here to plant the flower seeds. I'll have to post pics of those and the cat grass in a few weeks. My evil cat will love her grass. She also sent awesome bath stuff, gardening gloves, basil, pepper and oregano seeds with little pots, some spices from south of the border that I can't wait to try, pb cookies , a cute little magnetic note pad, ginger candy, and The Blessing of the Animals book (which I just realized isn't in the pic because I started to read it last night and didn't put it back in the box with the other stuff.) And a cute little gnome to watch over it all.
#26 Old 05-01-2009, 08:29 PM

So... I sort of ate all my stuff before I took a picture.... but I saved most of the wrappers! Haha.... Anyways, what I received was:
  • 3 chocolate bars
  • spiced chocolate covered mangoes
  • ginger chews - so freaking good
  • 2 pure brownie bars
  • cashew cherry bar
  • dried bananas

Thank you ReaganNC! Everything was awesomely delicious!

Here's a picture of some wrappers:

[attachment=8299SC05931.jpg]
LL
#27 Old 05-01-2009, 08:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple_tree View Post

So... I sort of ate all my stuff before I took a picture.... but I saved most of the wrappers! Haha.... Anyways, what I received was:
  • 3 chocolate bars
  • spiced chocolate covered mangoes
  • ginger chews - so freaking good
  • 2 pure brownie bars
  • cashew cherry bar
  • dried bananas

Thank you ReaganNC! Everything was awesomely delicious!

Here's a picture of some wrappers:

Attachment 14538

Glad you liked it. I went heavy on the chocolate since there were so many exclamation points when you declared your love for chocolate in your information. I figured that was serious business!

Good to know the ginger chews were good as I've put off trying those for myself b/c I wasn't sure. Perhaps I'll buy some tomorrow! Oh, and no shame in eating the treats early. I totally did the same thing!
#28 Old 05-01-2009, 08:47 PM

Oh yeah, definite thanks for the chocolate! It was so good... didn't last too long.

I'll be honest and say that for the ginger chews I was very skeptical but then... I fell in love.
#29 Old 05-02-2009, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidiny77 View Post

I'm so glad that everything made it there alright (except the spider ). I've had a rough track record with chocolate going Stateside. I hope you enjoy everything...just don't eat it all in one sitting and go into a sugar coma.

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#30 Old 05-02-2009, 10:54 AM

My package was from Abbey and had all sorts of goodies. There was some authentic Canadian maple syrup, vegan ranch dressing, a maple flavored chocolate bar, a peanut butter rice bar, some hot pepper sesame oil, cinnamon and chili, kettle cut potatoe chips, some vitamin D , and a dermabrasion cloth.

I did um, not wait to open my package. Most of the ingredients have been sampled so far. The sesame oil is my favorite....tres yum! I haven't used the cloth yet, but will soon.

Thanks so much!

oops...see picture in post above. Doy.

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page