boxed hair dye/salon dye - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-28-2009, 05:57 PM

Does anyone know of any easy to get in any store, hair dye that is vegan and does not test on animals? Is there any? Also, what about salon dyes? I usually go to the salon to get my hair highlighted. Is there any way of finding out whether or not their hair dyes are vegan and not tested on animals??? Thanks! Being vegan is really new to me, because unlike when I was vegetarian it kind of expands into pretty much every area of my life haha. So I'm trying to figure it all out... thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-29-2009, 05:13 PM
Veggie Regular

I guess you could ask the people working at the salon if you can see the bottles and check for 'no animal testing, no animal ingredients'. If it doesn't say that then write down the company name and contact them directly. You can also check bottles in the stores and write down company names and contact them.
#3 Old 03-29-2009, 05:56 PM

Here's a link to an old thread about Cruelty-Free hair dye; also, you can check Peta's "does" and "does not" test on animals list.

https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/a...p/t-49778.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 04-11-2009, 08:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Where do you live?

I know there's a vegan company in Australia called De Lorenzo that is pretty common in salons, they have a list of salons on their website.
#5 Old 04-12-2009, 12:01 AM
Veggie Regular

AVEDA!

I always go to Aveda salons and have never gotten highlights with anything other than their products. They don't test on animals and their products are something like 99% plant based, I'm guessing that 1% is animal based but I don't know any other salons that use cruelty free, nearly vegan products.
#6 Old 04-13-2009, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sblthin View Post

AVEDA!

I always go to Aveda salons and have never gotten highlights with anything other than their products. They don't test on animals and their products are something like 99% plant based, I'm guessing that 1% is animal based but I don't know any other salons that use cruelty free, nearly vegan products.

I'm assuming that 1% is because some of their products contain honey, but I don't think their colour products would contain it. I'm going to be taking cosmetology at an Aveda school this fall, so I could find out for sure then.
#7 Old 04-13-2009, 08:09 AM
Banned

jerome russel definately doesn't test, and they have colour products. not sure how vegan they are, but its a start.
#8 Old 04-13-2009, 10:01 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBlivesinatree View Post

I'm assuming that 1% is because some of their products contain honey, but I don't think their colour products would contain it. I'm going to be taking cosmetology at an Aveda school this fall, so I could find out for sure then.

I think the 1% is a preservative.

I went to the Aveda Institute in Minneapolis 14 years ago. I went for Esthiology. I'm still working as an Esthetician. I love it! It's a great school!
#9 Old 04-13-2009, 01:54 PM

Also look into pureology they're 100% vegan, I'm not totally sure if they do colour or not, but you could ask at a salon that carries their products.
#10 Old 04-13-2009, 03:21 PM

As far as color goes, you would be best off going to a salon that offers "organic color" Checking the back of the tube/box of color from the salon will do you no good...since you can't even pronounce any of the words. You can always call the salon, ask what color line they use, and do a little research to determine whether or not they test on animals and whatnot. As far as animal derived ingredients, you'd probably have to contact the company directly. Don't buy box color from the grocery store...depending what kind, they can be very damaging to your hair because of the metals that they put in it to make your hair appear shiny and healthy.
#11 Old 04-13-2009, 03:56 PM

#12 Old 04-14-2009, 04:50 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Iris* View Post

Lush has some Henna hair dye's

http://www.lushusa.com/shop/products...enna-hair-dyes

Are they permanent?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page