VeggieBoards banner

What does veganaise taste like?

4K views 50 replies 33 participants last post by  Huckleberry 
#1 ·
Hi. I was just wondering. Does it taste anything like real mayo? I use to HATE mayonaisse, so I don't want to buy a whole jar and end up not liking it.

thanks.

#33 ·
I never liked real mayo, so I didn't try Vegenaise for years, but WOW!!!!!!!!!!! It is amazing. I hate mustard even more though, so I cannot imagine any "mustard" flavor in it. But maybe there's something I'm not catching...

I CAN tell you this: Vegenaise + Bacon Salt (which is vegetarian/vegan, by the way) = an ALL VEGAN version of Baconnaise = food of the Gods.....

Died and gone to Heaven, I swear. I should market the stuff......................

#39 ·
I hated mayonnaise most of my life, but gave it a chance again for some reason when I went vegetarian and fell in love... I cannot, however, stomach Miracle Whip. EW.

So when I went vegan, I REALLY missed mayo... I just got my first jar of vegenaise and its GREAT, it tastes like the Hellman's mayo I used to eat.

#43 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasingE View Post

I'm so glad i've never liked mayo, I don't have to worry about it
Never say never. As I said above, I didn't like mayo either, but when I tried Vegenaise, I totally fell in LOVE with the stuff. (I like the Grapeseed Oil variety WAY better than the regular, and I even think that's pretty tasty!!!)

Can't keep it in the house now or I'll come up with 37363536378 excuses to make sandwiches and potato salad.

#51 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyria View Post

Vegenaise = probably my favourite vegan product of all time. Ever. SO, SO GOOD. I probably consume more from the knife when I'm making a sandwich than I do from the actual sandwich.

IT'S FAIRY DUST IN VEGAN FORM, I TELL YOU!
That's funny! I bought my first jar a few weeks ago. I thought it would last a long time since I'm the only one that's going to eat it. Oops! It's already gone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.