Dunkin Donuts and soy milk - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By no whey jose

#1 Old 02-18-2009, 07:08 PM
Veggie Regular

I've heard that some Dunkin Donuts offer soy milk as an alternative to regular milk in their coffee. Is this true? The ones near me certainly don't but that would be awesome if they did.

www.sharksavers.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-18-2009, 07:12 PM
Veggie Regular

I have yet to find a Dunkin Donuts that has soymilk but according to their website they do exist. I'm just not sure where. I've written them emails asking them to offer it at more locations but never got a response. I love their flavored iced coffees and I"m sick of getting them black. I want soymilk with them!
#3 Old 02-18-2009, 07:16 PM

Yeah, I've never been to a DD that offered soymilk... at least they don't advertise it as an option. I wish they did... I much prefer my chai with soymilk.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-18-2009, 07:21 PM
Veggie Regular

Same for me...I have written to DD asking them to offer soymilk. None of the ones I've been to have it.
#5 Old 02-18-2009, 07:47 PM
Ankle Biter

When we visit Buffalo, they have Tim Horton's (which we don't have around here), and the ones we go to don't have soy milk either. That seems pretty odd for a large city.

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#6 Old 02-18-2009, 07:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Here's some info I found:

http://www.cok.net/feat/dunkin-donuts/

Looks like the only locations that carry it are in Maryland and NYC.

I think I'm going to ask to speak to the manager tomorrow. I figure it doesn't hurt to try - they need to know that it's in demand!

www.sharksavers.org
#7 Old 02-19-2009, 11:46 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post

When we visit Buffalo, they have Tim Horton's (which we don't have around here), and the ones we go to don't have soy milk either. That seems pretty odd for a large city.

That's because Tim Hortons doesn't do soymilk.
#8 Old 02-19-2009, 04:24 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenndark View Post

That's because Tim Hortons doesn't do soymilk.

Yeah it sucks. I miss their iced cappuccinos. They were thick, rich yummy goodness. Many non beverage items are vegan though (bagels, low fat muffins, oatcakes cookie, soup rolls, and sandwich buns).
#9 Old 02-19-2009, 04:25 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

Yeah it sucks. I miss their iced cappuccinos. They were thick, rich yummy goodness. Many non beverage items are vegan though (bagels, low fat muffins, oatcakes cookie, soup rolls, and sandwich buns).

I wish they did too. I never even got to try an ice cap.
#10 Old 02-19-2009, 10:06 PM

never heard of this...wish it was true
#11 Old 02-20-2009, 05:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

I have yet to find a Dunkin Donuts that has soymilk but according to their website they do exist. I'm just not sure where. I've written them emails asking them to offer it at more locations but never got a response. I love their flavored iced coffees and I"m sick of getting them black. I want soymilk with them!

Same here. I've asked at my local DDs, but so far, no go. I keep telling them I'd buy a lot more of their coffees if they offered soy milk.
#12 Old 02-20-2009, 06:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Most DDs are independent franchises, right? I wonder if they must stick to regionally available items from their distributor or if they can bring items like soy milk in on their own accord.
#13 Old 02-21-2009, 07:03 PM
Beginner

I'm chilling at Second Cup right now (Canada) and was pleased to find out they have soymilk. The other places that offer soymilk here that I know of are Starbucks and the coffee shop inside Indigo (Canadian chain bookstore). I also find it unfortunate that Tim Horton's and other large chains do not. I'm willing to bet that in 10 years, soymilk will be available almost everywhere. I think that 10 years ago, it was nearly impossible to find, so I'm hoping more progress can be made in the next decade!!
#14 Old 02-22-2009, 11:55 AM

Its not very convenient, but my friend used to bring her soymilk with her to Duncan Donuts and ask them to use it when they made her drinks. Most of the workers would do it. I'm pretty sure she didn't get charged anything extra, but I'm not sure.
#15 Old 02-23-2009, 01:11 PM
Veggie Regular

can you get anything vegan to eat at a dunkin donuts? why are so many people going?
#16 Old 02-23-2009, 01:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetoTheTyrant View Post

can you get anything vegan to eat at a dunkin donuts? why are so many people going?

I was confused about this as well.
#17 Old 02-23-2009, 01:49 PM
Banned

I went there just for coffee and some of their frozen drinks. I liked them. I buy the coffee and make it home now, but sometimes, it was just nice to go when I was out or something.
#18 Old 02-24-2009, 07:20 AM
Veggie Regular

There's one here on every corner it seems. I've never gotten anything to eat there. The drive thru is convenient when I'm out and want a quick iced coffee.
#19 Old 02-24-2009, 10:18 AM

I live in NYC and every DD I've been to here has soymilk. I think the bigger cities' locations have felt the pressure to carry it because if they don't, tons of people will go to other coffee shops instead.
#20 Old 05-24-2015, 10:39 AM

About 4 years ago I had filled out a suggestions card at Dunkin Donuts, suggesting that they carry soy milk. Shortly afterward, I received a phone call from DD. They told me that they would NOT be adding soy milk, or any other milk substitute to their menu, as they were not in competition with Starbuck's. My reply to them was: "You'll lose a lot of business. There are many veggie/vegan people, as well as lactose intolerant people, who will go elsewhere to buy their coffee." And I added, " If you're not in competition with Starbuck's, then why have you added espresso and cappuccino to your menu?" I think it's a demographics issue.
#21 Old 05-24-2015, 11:08 AM
Super Moderator

I've never been to a DD that offers soy milk. That business about not competing with Starbucks is ridiculous. They're a coffee chain. Of course they're competing with Starbucks, and with every other coffee shop-- most of which offer soy milk. I feel like they're implying that dairy substitutes aren't for the lower middle class or the poor, but they'll have to change their tune as non-dairy milk's popularity soars among ALL demographics (which is clearly what's happening.)
leedsveg likes this.
#22 Old 05-24-2015, 11:16 AM
Veggie Regular

Apparently, they offer Almond Milk at many locations. Of course, I do not like almond milk in my coffee...it's not rich enough.
#23 Old 05-24-2015, 11:57 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

I think DD is on the downswing. People at work don't even eat the doughnuts when someone brings them in. They eat the Krispy Kreme though (neither is vegan, so I can pass up all those calories easily.)
#24 Old 05-24-2015, 07:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenlovessnow View Post
Apparently, they offer Almond Milk at many locations. Of course, I do not like almond milk in my coffee...it's not rich enough.
The Dunkin Donuts around here (Massachusetts) offer almond milk. I don't drink their coffee because I think it's crappy, but I'm glad they offer that option!!

"you know, nowhere in the bible does it say that jesus was not a raptor"

www.animal-adoptions.org

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page