Good Date Restaurant - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-25-2009, 04:54 PM
Veggie Regular

What is a good US restaurant to go to for a date? I'm looking for something more than just a salad. =P It will most likely be in Rockford, Illinois if that helps any. =P

veganGO -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
forum for vegan activists.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-26-2009, 05:19 AM
Veggie Regular

Ethnic foods tend to be good for being able to order food without asking 1000 questions. Sushi is always a go-to for me. I'm happy to order a big old pile of veggie sushi (especially when someone else is paying!!)

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
#3 Old 01-26-2009, 08:49 AM
Veggie Regular

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-26-2009, 01:31 PM

Take the train into Chicago, and try one of the groovy restaurants there. Karyn's Cooked is right in town, near the water, Michigan Avenue, Art Institute, skating in the park...all sorts of romantic venues.

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#5 Old 01-29-2009, 12:21 PM

Maybe try a buffet that has alot of variety???
#6 Old 01-29-2009, 12:23 PM
Veggie Regular

I don't know of a single buffet that has many good options for veg*n's.
#7 Old 01-29-2009, 01:08 PM

buffets do have lots of veggies,rice,sushi,fruit,ect...

But I dont think buffets are great date places.. at least not to me..

Sushi place is always a great place to go!!
#8 Old 01-29-2009, 02:38 PM

Yeah.."all you can eat" doesn't exactly scream "Hey baby, I'm really into you". (unless of course, you're talking to the food)

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#9 Old 01-29-2009, 10:19 PM
Administrator

Before going somewhere "ethnic" I'd check to make sure that's ok with your date. Some people have strong opinions about ethnic foods. Do you have a Flattop Grill? That's where Mandy and I went on our first date and they have plenty of vegan options.

VeggieBoards Alumni Facebook Group

If you're an old time VB'er stop by and say hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#10 Old 01-31-2009, 07:49 PM
Veggie Regular

some ruby tuesdays have vegan veggie burgers. it depends on the cook. chilis has some vegan things. (i emailed them recently, they were very nice) I would call around if you don't have many specialty places that specifically offer vegan options. If the place is worth going to they will take the time to find out for you.
#11 Old 01-31-2009, 08:00 PM
Arrrg! Me mateys.

http://www.vegillinois.com/ has a big list of restaurants from all over Illinois that are either veg*n or have veg*n choices.

I loooove Illinois, but unfortunately for me, in order to go to a veg*n friendly resturant, I have to travel for at least an half hour. (Which isn't really that bad, but good luck bribing my mom to bring me there. :3)

korrakorrakorrakorrakorra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page