Stockpiling Vegan - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 03-05-2009, 11:08 AM
Veggie Regular

And some of live in blizzard AND tornado country.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 03-05-2009, 11:12 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcmom View Post

Interesting discussion...I love it when folks are willing to take care of themselves in tough times instead of depending on Federal/State/Local governments, Community, neighbors and friends. It's a strong person to know that we can only depend on ourselves.

I have been trying to get my DIL to start putting food and the like away just in case she and my son wind up jobless for a time and the DIL always says "My Mom will give us stuff and I know you will too". Well...If the time comes and she is asking us for food she will find herself working for it...cleaning hen house, pulling weeds, helping me can up the garden produce, etc. I only help those that are willing to help themselves.... My son's know this well...

Sounds like your DIL needs an eye-opener. How can you change her atitude? Does you son think the same way?
#33 Old 03-05-2009, 05:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggie-troll View Post

(also got bulk gluten for making my own seitan- woohoo!)

Where'd you get that? I've been looking for it, but I can't find it in quantities under 50 pounds that don't have shipping costs so high that it's no longer worth it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 03-05-2009, 06:11 PM

http://www.amazon.com/Apocalypse-Cho...6305298&sr=1-1

I got it for my boyfriend for his birthday. It's actually vegan. And is full of advice and yummy food ideas. You can only buy it used. But, it's really really helpful. It's all from non perishables.
#35 Old 03-06-2009, 07:55 AM

from amazon- its the bobs red mill variety and it was 20 bucks or so for 4 22 oz bags of it. With the free shipping its a heck of alot cheaper than buying the premade stuff in the store, but not so much that we can't realistically use it all. I got yeast too because we have been doing all our own baking.

I worked out the prices for the dried beans, and whiles its not wholesale pricing, it works out to about 25% less per serving than canned, plus I like them better from dry anyhow. They seem to have all the Bob Red Mill products, we plan on doing another order for some of the harder to find grains.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page