So, tell me about soy. - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-17-2008, 07:55 PM

I've been drinking soy milk (silk) for as long as i've been a vegan, and i'm afraid that it's disrupting my hormones or something. I think every vegan veiwing this can be muture here when i say this... but i feel like it's making my boobs bigger. I mean, they've been growing lately-- and it can totally be a conicidence i realize that! But i feel like i need a second opinion... if this is true, what is the healthiest alternative to soy????????

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-17-2008, 08:01 PM

Soy/the dangers of soy/soy and hormones/ect has been talked about a lot here. I did a quick search for you, and I hope these threads are helpful:

https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...ad.php?t=89019

https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...ad.php?t=90788

https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...ad.php?t=84097

https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...ad.php?t=81062

If you do a search you'll probably find some more.
#3 Old 07-17-2008, 08:14 PM
Banned

if soy generally made peoples boobs bigger, someone smart would have cashed in on it by now, and you'd see tv commercials for soy-supplements everywhere, and loads of men with bras on in chinatown. it hasn't made mine any bigger.

if you're concerned about your hormone levels, a trip to the doctor and a blood test could allay or confirm your worries. even if your hormones are out of whack, i don't know if it'd be easy to narrow it down to soy.

have you considered other factors- like the pill (if you're female) or medication or otherwise induced gynecomastia (if you're male), for example? are you drinking bucketloads of soya milk? i guess you could measure yourself then cut it out for a few months and see if there is any change. almond milk is nice. ricemilk is nice. i don't like hemp milk. i think a little of most things in moderation is probably ok.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 07-17-2008, 08:15 PM

thank you sooo much.. i think everyones right about A. most of the soy scares are funded by the dairy industry and B. if you drink it in moderation.. it's perfectly safe.

so i guess my boobs are safe then
#5 Old 07-17-2008, 09:04 PM
DAK
Banned

Whenever I drink soy milk my throat closes up. It's only soy milk though. Other soy products I've had cause no reaction that I currently know of.
#6 Old 07-17-2008, 09:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAK View Post

Whenever I drink soy milk my throat closes up. It's only soy milk though. Other soy products I've had cause no reaction that I currently know of.

maybe its a reaction to something else thats i the soya milk, then... like carageenan?
#7 Old 07-17-2008, 10:07 PM

HA!! i laughed so hard when i read this post. (not because i'm not mature! ) When i was in high school, shortly after having become vegetarian, the boy i was dating always told me to eat more tofu. like.."have you had your tofu today? you're missing out on a lot and you need the nutrients". i found out later that he had heard soy increases bust size, and that was his thought behind telling me to eat it. oh man!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page