Anti-Vegan youtube videos... - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-24-2008, 03:26 AM
Veggie Regular

I've been fighting these things for so long. Here's one I just found http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl1rL...eature=related , and I already posted quite a few comments up there (I'm "wtfgrape"). Anyone else want to join in on the fun? Join me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-24-2008, 04:01 AM
Veggie Regular

Wow nevermind for that first video. This guy responded with these two videos, and I must say everyone should watch these two videos. This guy is awesome:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=f5LVJHIgLyA&watch_response

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bMEM_Y4FsOk&watch_response

Some really good nutritional info there.
#3 Old 06-24-2008, 04:56 AM
Veggie Regular

The first guy was a waste of time. He started out really good and then completed deteriorated after a few minutes. I would be interested to see some good information on why a vegan diet is bad for your health. I am sure that the Vegan diet is better than the Omni diet, but I still don't beleive that the Vegan diet is perfect. He could have done proper research and put together a good case. Instead he went on about the found of the American vegan society and Hitler? In case he didn't know, Veganism doesn't protect you from every single health and social problem ever... it merely reduces the risk that you suffer from these things.

God loved birds, he created trees.
Man loved birds, he created cages.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-24-2008, 05:36 AM
Veggie Regular

Yeah, I was posting as I watched, and it just got to a point where it was laughable. "Veganism is a religion".

Watch the other two videos I posted, whoever made them knows what he's talking about.
#5 Old 06-24-2008, 08:39 AM
Veggie Regular

uh, you know when you post something sensitive, you have an obligation to say that. I stopped the video because it appeared he was getting ready to show a clip of chipanzees eating other animals. The fact that we don't eat other animals, and it makes us sick to know that others eat animals, means we also should expect that if a video has cruelty or 'meat' context in it, that should be forwarned. I should have known better to click on a link just because someone said to watch it, because it's amazing what others like to shock you with, eventhough you've given up meat-eating because you don't want any part of that.
#6 Old 06-24-2008, 10:26 AM
Veggie Regular

With that first video I didn't know should I laugh or be mad, so I decide ignore him. But that guy in those last two videos was good and I must say that I learned thing or two from him. That is not suprise thouhgt because this vegan stuff is still quite new to me.
#7 Old 06-24-2008, 01:36 PM

That first guy lost me in his first sentence when he said "expounding on." Learn to speak English, dumba$$.
#8 Old 06-24-2008, 04:50 PM
Veggie Regular

Sorry I forgot about the chimps part. I was actually minimized during that part so I didn't see it.
#9 Old 06-24-2008, 05:41 PM
Veggie Regular

Sorry, but I found both of them uninteresting and very much without appeal. Neither had the charisma to hold the attention of a fly. Not to put down the pro vegan ones...just a poor presentation.

"I used to hate dogs 'til I saw one kill a kid." W.C. Fields
#10 Old 06-24-2008, 06:05 PM
Veggie Regular

The pro-vegan ones were simply made as a response. I don't think he meant for it to be a stand alone video quite like that.
#11 Old 06-25-2008, 03:18 AM
Veggie Regular

Once again ignorant minded people who spread the crap on board, and to think that I give a ****, not at all because I know they are full of ****. I think vegan is a personal choice for you, the animals, and the enviroment, to live a cruelty free life, this clearly is a priceless thing
#12 Old 06-25-2008, 03:54 AM
Veggie Regular

I commented as HarmonicaMan. Wish you could type longer comments, I tried to cut it down but had too much to say. The first guy is a total joke. He's just reading his 5 minutes of research from a piece of paper whilst making snide comments. He then went on about Hitler like he'd found out some clever secret information that was going to shock and repulse us all. I'd like to sit with him while he's eating his meal and ask what nutrients he's getting and where from.

The video response was good just for the fact that he calmly sat there and listed everything that was wrong with the first guys scientific 'facts'. He didn't make little insults and so I actually listened to what he was saying.
#13 Old 06-25-2008, 05:14 PM

Wow, what a moron. I'm surprised he was able to use a video camera.

I like how he says "Vegans and vegetarians have already embarked on a healthier lifestyle" when trying to explain our longer longevity. Wait a second, I thought you said it wasn't healthier. Completely ridiculous.
#14 Old 06-26-2008, 06:23 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse27 View Post

I've been fighting these things for so long. Here's one I just found http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl1rL...eature=related , and I already posted quite a few comments up there (I'm "wtfgrape"). Anyone else want to join in on the fun? Join me!

You know, I posted a message on that and I think somebody deleted it... interesting
#15 Old 06-26-2008, 10:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Granted, he is ****ing ridiculous, but does anyone actually know if veg*n diets are lacking in selenium, iodine, Carnacine, L-Carnatine? (Sorry if my spelling is off) We probably don't lack Vitamin D, Calcium or B12.
#16 Old 06-26-2008, 11:52 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandora9kry View Post

Granted, he is ****ing ridiculous, but does anyone actually know if veg*n diets are lacking in selenium, iodine, Carnacine, L-Carnatine? (Sorry if my spelling is off) We probably don't lack Vitamin D, Calcium or B12.

One Brazil nut a day will give you enough selenium; EVERYONE is lacking in iodine, which is why they iodize table salt; carnesine and carnitine aren't even essential amino acids ( I bet this dork can't name a single essential amino acid. He probably doesn't even know that there are only eight that we cannot manufacture ourselves.); meat and dairy eaters need a lot more calcium and Vitamin D than we do, because all that dietary acid is dissolving their bones, and anyone can get B12 anemia, not just vegans.

www.thesaucyvegan.com
#17 Old 06-27-2008, 03:16 AM
Veggie Regular

Whew glad some others are pissed about it! It's spreading a bad message to the millions of youtube users. I have completely shut down tons of people trying to argue with me, but none have them have given in. They are brainwashed beyond repair so it seems.
#18 Old 06-27-2008, 12:09 PM
Veggie Regular

In driving school, they teach you that you will subconsciously steer toward whatever you're looking at. I prefer to look where I want to go, not where I want to avoid. Maybe I'm the only one with no interest in hearing hateful meat-eaters insult compassionate vegetarians. I'd also rather not give the author of such videos another hit count.
#19 Old 06-28-2008, 06:53 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soy 6-Pack View Post

In driving school, they teach you that you will subconsciously steer toward whatever you're looking at. I prefer to look where I want to go, not where I want to avoid. Maybe I'm the only one with no interest in hearing hateful meat-eaters insult compassionate vegetarians. I'd also rather not give the author of such videos another hit count.

Completely agree.

I like to focus on the solution / the positive part. Not on the negative part or the problem.
#20 Old 07-06-2008, 05:37 AM
Veggie Regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaZvc...eature=related

Look at this guy, someone needs to kick his ass
#21 Old 07-06-2008, 06:40 AM
Veggie Regular

I've never read anything that says Hitler was a vegan, so I have no idea why he is shown. Humans are the only species that voluntarily uses milk of another animal. I wouldn't say the vegan diet is natural, but I certainly wouldn't say most other people consume a diet that is natural either.
#22 Old 07-07-2008, 04:37 PM

fun fact: beans and corn together contain all 8 essential amino acids! yum! i love vegan burritos! Also I believe olive oil alone has omega 3 and 6.
#23 Old 07-07-2008, 05:28 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by julie707 View Post

That first guy lost me in his first sentence when he said "expounding on." Learn to speak English, dumba$$.

Actually expounding works in that sentence.

Quote:
Entry Word:

expound

Function:

verb

Text:to make plain or understandable <at the start of the trial the judge expounded the legal difference between libel and slander to the jury>

#24 Old 07-07-2008, 05:48 PM

Quote:

Yeah, I was posting as I watched, and it just got to a point where it was laughable. "Veganism is a religion".

Watch the other two videos I posted, whoever made them knows what he's talking about.

I didn't even get to that part, I gave up watching it it was so ridiculous. I just gave it 1 star and left.
#25 Old 07-08-2008, 07:54 PM
Veggie Regular

I don't get why people like to bring up Hitler. He was evil, and possibly vegetarian, but what does that matter? How is that relevant in any way? Do people not realize that he also was an absolute genius?
#26 Old 07-08-2008, 08:08 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I don't get why people like to bring up Hitler. He was evil, and possibly vegetarian, but what does that matter? How is that relevant in any way? Do people not realize that he also was an absolute genius?

He was definitely not vegetarian.
#27 Old 07-13-2008, 06:12 PM

i'm going to eat his whole family, like a chimpanzee
#28 Old 07-13-2008, 07:21 PM
Veggie Regular

I find these video debates useless. A bunch of "facts" about this nutrient and that nutrient.

Fact: the ADA (the professionals) say that a well-planned vegan is healthy.

Fact: if someone beats a dog to death we get all these omnis crying foul (as if a dog is a bird).

Fact: killing pigs, fish, cows, chickens etc for food is unnecessary.

Fact: I'm vegan.
#29 Old 07-13-2008, 07:22 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sun View Post

I find these video debates useless. A bunch of "facts" about this nutrient and that nutrient.

Fact: the ADA (the professionals) say that a well-planned vegan is healthy.

Fact: if someone beats a dog to death we get all these omnis crying foul (as if a dog is a bird).

Fact: killing pigs, fish, cows, chickens etc for food is unnecessary.

Fact: I'm vegan.

Aye. +1
#30 Old 07-26-2008, 04:12 PM
Veggie Regular

So a friend on youtube sent me several videos asking people to flag it to get them removed. I am disgusted right now. I did not watch any of them, but for example one of them was a video of two men beheading a live and well goat. I feel like going and sitting in a dark room.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page