Good news! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-08-2008, 07:51 PM
Beginner

Remember a couple of months ago back in March (I think?) I made a post about how I was finding it hard to stay vegan? And that I kept on reverting back to lacto-ovo?

Well, good news! I've been back to vegan for a month now and I have a renewed sense of enthusiasm. AND I lost 8lbs since doing so (I gained weight during my flip flopping).

YAY!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-08-2008, 09:37 PM
Veggie Regular

Yay! Congrats! I remember your original post and it sounded like you were having such a rough time...I'm glad things worked out for you.
#3 Old 05-08-2008, 10:26 PM
Veggie Regular

yay!! i need to stop being a flip flop too. lol.

Way to go!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 05-08-2008, 11:15 PM
Veggie Regular

Wonderful! Keep it goin'! I'm doing alright myself with my veganism ('cept for honey, which I sometimes cheat with), now if only I could find a way to eat beans without all of the side affects...

Sorry, was that too much information?
#5 Old 05-08-2008, 11:34 PM
Banned

Thats is goooooooood news
#6 Old 05-08-2008, 11:57 PM
Veggie Regular

nidobunny, now you can strut around in your flip flops and show off your bod!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PneumaticJawz78 View Post

Wonderful! Keep it goin'! I'm doing alright myself with my veganism ('cept for honey, which I sometimes cheat with), now if only I could find a way to eat beans without all of the side affects...

this might be common knowledge here and you may have tried this already...but try dried beans over canned and soak your beans the night before or even an extra night (but in that case put it in the fridge), which breaks them down further. Don't put salt in the water when cooking it. Change the water that you soaked it in. To further break it down, change the water a couple of times while cooking it. Let it get to boiling stage, then rinse and start all over again. It will take much longer to cook your beans...but no more gas! Remember no salt in the water while cooking. If you can't be bothered with changing the water, at least remove the foaming that occurs on the surface while the beans are cooking. Let me know if this helps
#7 Old 05-10-2008, 12:21 PM
Veggie Regular

WOOHOO!!!

#8 Old 05-16-2008, 10:08 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedre View Post

nidobunny, now you can strut around in your flip flops and show off your bod!

this might be common knowledge here and you may have tried this already...but try dried beans over canned and soak your beans the night before or even an extra night (but in that case put it in the fridge), which breaks them down further. Don't put salt in the water when cooking it. Change the water that you soaked it in. To further break it down, change the water a couple of times while cooking it. Let it get to boiling stage, then rinse and start all over again. It will take much longer to cook your beans...but no more gas! Remember no salt in the water while cooking. If you can't be bothered with changing the water, at least remove the foaming that occurs on the surface while the beans are cooking. Let me know if this helps

WELL (I'm going further off-topic here), I've had soaked dried beans, and it helps a BIT, but not very much unfortunately. I've also gotten rid of the water they'd been soaking in, but I haven't changed the cooking water before, so maybe that will help?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page