Do vegans look down upon vegetarians? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-26-2008, 08:59 PM

I am just curious if some vegans look down upon vegetarians. Generally, I think meat eating is gross so I tend to speak up a little about it in public if anyone is interested in my opinion, so it may seem that I look down upon meat eaters. But do vegans look down upon vegetarians? Some of the products vegetarians eat, like eggs and milk come from animals that were probably tortured. If I could, I would go vegan. But I live with the parents so I am limited in what I can eat, and they aren't exactly vegetarian friendly. If I could, I would go vegan completely, but would find it hard to give up chocolate and peanut butter and other items made with milk.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-26-2008, 09:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Just a note, I have never seen peanut butter made with milk. And semisweet, dairy-free chocolate is delicious. I don't think it's right to judge anyone without putting yourself in their shoes, so I wouldn't condemn someone for eating eggs, dairy, etc. In fact, I'm glad for people who have at least made some effort to be compassionate consumers. At the same time, though, I would encourage everyone to strive towards veganism, even if you can't make it 100%. Every choice counts.
#3 Old 04-26-2008, 09:22 PM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 04-26-2008, 09:29 PM

#5 Old 04-26-2008, 09:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post

I am just curious if some vegans look down upon vegetarians.

Is it really important for anyone to know this, one way or the other? WonderRandy, one of the mods here, has this in his signature, and I think its full of wisdom:

\t\t\t\t"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

--Dr. Seuss

Just do what you know is right, and don't pay any attention to people who look up to you, down on you, sideways, crosseyed,...

www.thesaucyvegan.com
#6 Old 04-26-2008, 09:34 PM
Veggie Regular

For some odd reason, I'm having a strange sense of Deja Vu...
#7 Old 04-26-2008, 09:49 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm going to close this. fyvel covered the links to the past threads, and no good will come of this one.

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page