Drink beer, save a cow. - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-09-2008, 03:37 AM
Kiz
Veggie Regular

Apparently climate change is set to harm beer production.

Quote:

Climate change could cut supplies of beer or make Australians' favourite brews more expensive, a climate scientist has warned.

Linking the two are the effect climate change may have on the production of a key grain needed for beer - especially in Australia.

Jim Salinger, a climate scientist at New Zealand's National Institute of Water and Atmospheric Research, said climate change will probably cause a decline in the production of malting barley in parts of New Zealand and Australia. Malting barley is a key ingredient of beer.

"It will mean either there will be pubs without beer or the cost of beer will go up," Salinger told the Institute of Brewing and Distilling convention.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/global-wa...420369467.html

This is pretty bad. I mean, global warming etc is bad in itself, yes, we all know that. But pubs with no beer? That's just... just criminal!

All is not lost, however, as much of New Zealand's (and other countries', too) prime barley growing land is currently taken up by dairy.

Quote:

Read said as well as climate change, barley growers were competing with other forms of land use.

In the past two years pressure on cropping land in New Zealand had increased with the expansion of the dairy industry, fuelled by major international dairy commodity prices rises.

In other word, the more dairy that is consumed the less land there is for BEER PRODUCTION! The more beer that is consumed the less land there is for dairy. This is a no-brainer for me. Don't drink dairy, drink beer.

Drink beer! Save a cow! It's my new motto, I think.

Love the post? Why not buy the T-shirt!
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=categorie&cat=8
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=product&info=94
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-09-2008, 04:00 AM
Veggie Regular

You know you can also put beer in your breakfast cereal. Not that I've done that or anything.
#3 Old 04-09-2008, 04:21 AM
Veggie Regular

"I woke up in the Mornin' and I got mahself a beer-!"

((not that I've ever had beer for breakfast or anything..))

"you know, nowhere in the bible does it say that jesus was not a raptor"

www.animal-adoptions.org

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 04-09-2008, 04:31 AM
Kiz
Veggie Regular

Another good reason to drink beer and not milk. I can think of many, many cool songs that have positive beer references. Not one single, cool, cow-milk song springs to mind.

Love the post? Why not buy the T-shirt!
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=categorie&cat=8
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=product&info=94
#5 Old 04-09-2008, 11:47 AM
Beginner

Quote:
You know you can also put beer in your breakfast cereal. Not that I've done that or anything.

Been there, done that. It actually tastes quite good once you get over the fact that its totally weird. I was sleeping at a friends place and there was nothing vegan in the whole house and there was nothing but muesli and beer there and I was still pretty drunk from the day before and it seemed like a really good idea.

Unfortunately this argument won't work here in the Czech Republic, because if there's one thing that will never be in short supply it's , we already drink more of the stuff per capita than any other country (including the Germans, by a pretty considerable margin), export it, sell it by the truckload to tourists and its still cheaper than water. So seriously, stop drinking milk you friggin' Aussies because we're not exporting all our beer over there just because you can't produce your own.
#6 Old 04-09-2008, 12:02 PM
Veggie Regular

a world without beer would be a sad, desolate place.

I shall advertise this to my significant other, if anything will get him to stop drinking cowmilk, this fact will.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page