Has anyone tried Cheezly? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-10-2007, 08:19 PM

It's the vegan substitute for cheese. I tried yesterday and it sucks =(

Does anyone know of any good vegan cheese?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-10-2007, 09:39 PM

What flavour did you try? I have only tried a couple of the flavours but I really like it.
#3 Old 10-10-2007, 11:38 PM
Veggie Regular

I love cheezly! It's my favourite vegan cheese and the only one worth buying IMO. But you have to make sure to get the "extra melting" variety
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-11-2007, 09:34 AM
Veggie Regular

The only vegan cheese I like is the stuff I make myself. The Uncheese Cookbook, try to get it from your library.
#5 Old 10-11-2007, 10:00 AM
Veggie Regular

Cheezly Edam ****ing rules.

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#6 Old 10-11-2007, 10:51 AM
Veggie Regular

I prefer cheesly to cheese, well i've only had the extra melting kind but still. woot for cheesly

Yeah, I'm not too helpful
#7 Old 10-11-2007, 10:59 AM
Veggie Regular

I've been pretty critical of many vegan cheeses -- i.e. I think they suck. And yet Cheezly, when it's melted mind you!, truly tastes really good and cheese-like. This seems to be a common reaction among veg*ns, from what I've read.

"and I stand

upon a mountain

#8 Old 10-11-2007, 11:50 AM
Veggie Regular

I am eating cheely right now, in the form of a grilled mushroom stuffed with hummus and spinach and CHEEZLY!
#9 Old 10-11-2007, 11:54 AM
Ankle Biter

Quote:
Originally Posted by isowish View Post

I am eating cheely right now, in the form of a grilled mushroom stuffed with hummus and spinach and CHEEZLY!

*leaps through cyberspace to nab a big bite!!!*

That sounds so YUM!

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#10 Old 10-11-2007, 01:46 PM
Veggie Regular

I love cheezly!!! I like the cheddar and the gouda flavors the best. It doesn't really melt that well but who cares?! It tastes fab!
#11 Old 10-13-2007, 01:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Super Melting Mottzarella style cheezly is the best, melt it on toast for cheese on toast, i swear it tastes the same as cheese on toast i used to have as a child.

I've never found cheezly by itself very cheese tasting and it took me a while to get the taste of cheese out of my system for me to really love it. If you're new to giving up dairy products, try scheese, which in my experience is disgusting but it probably tastes more cheese like.
#12 Old 10-13-2007, 02:48 PM
Veggie Regular

I tried the scheeze 'cream cheese' style spreads.

it was how id imagine chewing on an old sock to taste

the dude giving out the samples kept giving me other flavours and i was too polite to say no - they ALL tasted awful. gag
#13 Old 10-13-2007, 07:36 PM
Veggie Regular

i don't mind vegan-rella mozzarella flavour but i only use it melted on homemade pizza (it's the only one i've tried that actually melts instead of getting crunchy)
#14 Old 10-16-2007, 09:15 AM
Banned

How can someone say Cheezly sucks? I don't understand. Did you just eat it raw or did you cook with it? Cheezly on pizza & burgers is amazing. Its the best vegan cheese available, IMHO.
#15 Old 10-16-2007, 09:20 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Ferret View Post

I tried the scheeze 'cream cheese' style spreads.

Yeah but they're from a different planet than Cheezly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFalafel View Post

Cheezly on pizza & burgers is amazing. Its the best vegan cheese available, IMHO.

Damn straight!

"and I stand

upon a mountain

#16 Old 10-16-2007, 10:28 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

Yeah but they're from a different planet than Cheezly.

Vheogl mentioned tryng it instead the post before me! Im not rambly babbling on about it =p
#17 Old 10-16-2007, 11:19 AM
DZL

where do you guys find cheezly?
#18 Old 10-16-2007, 11:34 AM
Veggie Regular

i HATE scheeze it's absolutly disgusting and i did inform the people who offered me a sample of it at the vegan festival this year as such, it does probably taste more cheese like though to be honest. The spreads taste exactly the same as the solid stuff - horrible! I wouldn't buy scheeze or their spreads personally but i think if you still have the taste of cheese in your system they are more realistic.

DZL you can get cheezly from holland and barrat stores and most local wholefood shops in the U.K. It's not yet avalible in the U.S or anywhere else ( i don't think?) though there was talk of them selling internationally a while back, not sure how far they got though.
#19 Old 10-16-2007, 02:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Vegan Cheese

Is the brand name... take a look on the image!

They have Parmesan, mozzarella and those two.

http://www.organzamarket.com/whatsin...eeseSlices.jpg
#20 Old 10-19-2007, 10:48 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm in the US so have not tried Cheezly or Sheese. I tried veganrella and had to throw it out. I also threw out some sprinkle-Parmesan stuff in a short purple canister.

I do like Follow Your Heart's mozzarella and nacho cheese flavors, and Eat in the Raw grated cashew sprinkles.
#21 Old 10-20-2007, 02:44 PM

I'm going to have to try this. I'm a LO veg*n but am trying to find good vegan products. I have always been afraid to try the cheese b/c I'm a cheese snob, but it sounds like it might be really good. Can't wait.
#22 Old 10-21-2007, 01:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisterfunkhaus View Post

I'm going to have to try this. I'm a LO veg*n but am trying to find good vegan products. I have always been afraid to try the cheese b/c I'm a cheese snob, but it sounds like it might be really good. Can't wait.

Cheezly is not as good as dairy cheeze but its the closest thing vegans have to good tasting cheese. You don't want to eat cheezly raw the first time, its best to make pizza with it or something where you melt it and eat it warm.
#23 Old 10-21-2007, 03:20 AM
Veggie Regular

I think Vegan Gourmet Mozzerella is pretty good. It's a bit on the softer side than other vegan cheeses, however.

panthera: I cracked up when I read your post. I practically live on the sprinkle cheese in the purple can!! I just ordered four more cans. It did take a few weeks to grow accustomed to it though. My sister (omni) just tried it because I told her I like it and she was curious. She just laughed after tasting it.
#24 Old 10-21-2007, 03:46 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenlovessnow View Post

panthera: I cracked up when I read your post. I practically live on the sprinkle cheese in the purple can!! I just ordered four more cans. It did take a few weeks to grow accustomed to it though. My sister (omni) just tried it because I told her I like it and she was curious. She just laughed after tasting it.

oh great, now she probably thinks vegans are strange. JK so funny...

Have you tried Parma from Eat in the Raw? I've only had samples, but if I had to sprinkle anything, it'd be that or nutritional yeast. Then again, if you like it, then you don't need to switch, right? Well I'm pleased when any vegan product does well, so please keeping enjoying!

#25 Old 10-23-2007, 01:15 AM
Veggie Regular

We like Sheese smoked cheddar. The smoky flavour is good raw on a cracker or crumbled in a soup. Yum!

****I have a blog--check me out!
http://spidergrrlvstheworld.blogspot.com/****
#26 Old 10-23-2007, 01:34 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nippalony View Post

It's the vegan substitute for cheese. I tried yesterday and it sucks =(

Does anyone know of any good vegan cheese?

I tried a normal version of cheezly (cheddar style I think) which wasn't very good, and a super melting mozarella style version of cheezly, which tastes great when melted
#27 Old 10-23-2007, 09:23 AM
Veggie Regular

tofutti cheeses are good and melt properly
#28 Old 10-23-2007, 10:07 AM

The first time i tried Cheezly wasat a food festival.. I couldnt swallow. My tongue wouldnt let me. But later on I tried it melted and it was delish!
#29 Old 10-23-2007, 10:14 AM
Ankle Biter

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael2 View Post

tofutti cheeses are good and melt properly

Tofutti "Better than Cream Cheese" is vegan, but the last time I looked, the tofutti slices were not.

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#30 Old 10-23-2007, 11:23 AM

I am a massive Cheezly fan, even my omni parents who are real dairy cheese fans love it. Tofutti cheese slices are also really nice and in the UK are definately vegan. Tofutti garlic and herb cream cheese is also pretty nice, especially on crackers with slices of Cheatin Ham, tomato and sprinkled with pepper.

I have only treied Scheeze once or twice and not for a few years. I didn't like it, I thought it tasted like Play-Doh!

The vegan cheeses available in the US I found to be awful when I was there last summer. Seriously nasty tasting and with an awful texture.

You can also make your own cheese, I have a book called The Uncheese Cookbook, although have never made anything from it yet.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page