How do you feel about being VEGAN ? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-16-2007, 01:08 AM
Veggie Regular

Like how do you feel...??

Being Vegan makes me feel soooooo happy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-16-2007, 01:30 AM
Veggie Regular

I feel like it's the only choice I can make to assauge some of my guilt.
#3 Old 07-16-2007, 03:21 AM
Veggie Regular

I absolutely love it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 07-16-2007, 03:37 AM

It has only been 2 months but I feel like I have more cow and chicken friends already! I can only apologise with all the power of my heart and mind for the many cows and chickens that I have directly caused suffering too in the past 25 years. If only my eyes were opened sooner!
#5 Old 07-16-2007, 03:57 AM
Bof
Banned

I find it really depressing at times, thinking of all the animal suffering and knowing that I'm in such a small minority.

I'm turning into a recluse and hate having to go out, much preferring to stay home with the animals. (I've just been talking to the cutest little (vegan) possum outside, and feeding her some apple).
#6 Old 07-16-2007, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medesha View Post

I feel like it's the only choice I can make to assauge some of my guilt.

Same here.
#7 Old 07-16-2007, 05:26 AM
Veggie Regular

Ultimately, how I feel about being (kinda) vegan is irrelevant. The relevant question is why they'd feel about me eating them, wearing them, paying for them to live in battery laying operations, etc.

Perhaps this is a dodge for not really knowing how to answer.
#8 Old 07-16-2007, 05:40 AM
Veggie Regular

i feel proud, healthier and stronger
#9 Old 07-16-2007, 05:45 AM
Veggie Regular

I've been vegan for over 8 years now and during this time my lifestyle has evolved to become as comfortable as breathing. It hasn't always been comfortable, though, as I have jorneyed through feelings of outrage, passion, arrogance, depression, frustration, healing, acceptance, and (now, finally) comfort.
#10 Old 07-16-2007, 06:26 AM
Veggie Regular

I love being a vegan.
#11 Old 07-16-2007, 07:01 AM
Beginner

I feel like I've finally found out what I was supposed to do to feel right about myself.

And I feel like I've found out what I needed to do to become a true lover of life.

Plus, vegetables ****ing rock.
#12 Old 07-16-2007, 07:08 AM
Veggie Regular

It sorta gives me a feeling of well-being; like i'm making a difference, however tiny it might be!

It's going to be a bumpy road but i know it will be alright, it would be alot easier if i lived alone, but who can afford that... so yeah, i also feel more compassionate, even more so towards people, don't know why.
#13 Old 07-16-2007, 08:57 AM
Ankle Biter

It feels right, it feels comfortable, and I've become a fine vegan chef.

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#14 Old 07-16-2007, 10:35 AM
Vegan Police Officer

I feel more connected to the planet I live on. Because veganism has opened my eyes not only to the absurdity of animal exploitation, but it has made me also more aware of environmental issues, issues relating to the myriad forms of human discrimination, to consumerism, just to give three examples.

Veganism is so much more than just what we eat, or what we wear. It is a way of life which opens our eyes to so many facets of this world we live in.

(edited for typo reasons)
#15 Old 07-16-2007, 10:48 AM
Veggie Regular

i love being a vegan, and look forward to enjoying the rest of my life as one.
#16 Old 07-16-2007, 05:36 PM
Veggie Regular

it's an amazing feeling and I love being vegan very much!
#17 Old 07-16-2007, 05:42 PM
Banned

A culinary journey extraordinaire.
#18 Old 07-16-2007, 05:59 PM
Veggie Regular

To be honest, I don't even think about it much anymore. Right now I have a subletter from France and she asked me why I'm vegan. And I was taken aback! I used to get that daily but it's been years since I've heard that question. I didn't even have an immediate answer anymore! It's just second nature now.
#19 Old 07-16-2007, 06:54 PM
Veggie Regular

Diana that is so right....

Yes Veganisim is definalty ADDICTIVE...

I wish I only found out earlier.. But better now than later too....

Gee I LOVE it.. Words cant describe the feeling of warmth...

What a beautiful feeling.
#20 Old 07-17-2007, 10:18 AM
Veggie Regular

I love it but it feels odd. I'll explain...

Being vegan is so natural to me now, sometimes I forget (which sounds odd) and there are times when I just stop and think "Woah! I don't eat meat, do I?"... and it just hits me.

I don't "slip up" and eat meat or anything but I forget my label most of the time and I'm just me. So I don't really feel anything about my being vegan most of the time. And then when I do think about it, I feel a sense of pride.

Makes shopping easier too. When you have aisles of food to choose from, you can go straight for the vegan option and save the time you would spend floundering around thinking about what to get..

Being vegan is a brilliant thing in my life and I wouldn't revert to meat eating... or at least, not in the short term. I'm happy with it.
#21 Old 07-17-2007, 07:35 PM
Beginner

Fantastic!
#22 Old 07-17-2007, 08:38 PM
Veggie Regular

I feel good but feel like I'm not doing enough just by being vegan. I need to get out there and spread the word!!!

“May all sentient beings be free of pain and suffering.  May all sentient beings experience eternal joy and happiness.  gate gate pāragate pārasaṃgate bodhi svāhā.”
http://www.facebook.com/doktormartini
http://twitter.com/#!/MartyBaureis
http://doktormartini.tumblr.com

#23 Old 07-18-2007, 02:45 AM
Beginner

i feel its right for me, for the animals, the environment. I found it has made me think so much more about what im eating, discovering some wonderful new foods. Yeah it feels right.
#24 Old 07-18-2007, 10:48 AM
Veggie Regular

Around here, veganism is viewed negatively. If you are vegan it means you're a radical extremist.

More:.

I am conflicted about veganism. On the one hand, I fully agree with the philosophy behind it. No need to go into detail here. On the other hand, I'm seeing results that don't add up. This being the vegan support forum, I'll leave it at that.

Interestingly enough my brother who doesn't give a rat's bottom about AR has gone in the vegan direction and stopped drinking cow's milk and buys soy drink. I was in the dark about this...This is my younger brother who used to order meat dishes to piss me off at a family outing. Even funnier is he's picky about his soy drink. He tells me so and so soy drink tastes better and stuff...

Tells me dairy milk is bitter. Surprise to me and others?...there are people who move towards veganism without any ethical consideration.
#25 Old 07-18-2007, 11:40 AM
Vegan Police Officer

Radical extremist vegans rock!!!!!!!!
#26 Old 07-18-2007, 11:51 AM
Veggie Regular

It's a great feeling, I feel at peace with myself and I have been having SO MUCH FUN discovering new and exciting vegan dishes to prepare! My love of cooking has skyrocketed since going vegan, tons of cookbooks to explore and new recipes to try.

I do occasionally find myself "forgetting" that I'm vegan though, it is starting to become second nature. It's nice, I'm not craving any animal products and I only really "remember" that I'm vegan when I'm out and about and see people eating meat and cheese and eggs all around me!

Oh, I have to share - yesterday my 3 1/2 year old was pretending to cook, and he said he was having some cheese. I said, "what kind of cheese?" and he looked at me funny and said, "vegan cheese mom. Cuz I'm vegan," as if to say, why would you even ask? I loved it!

ETA: Personally I can't stand vegan cheese, unless it's melted on pizza or in a grilled cheese sandwich, but my kiddos somehow LOVE it, just sliced straight from the package!

www.veganspoonful.com
#27 Old 07-18-2007, 01:25 PM
Veggie Regular

Annoyed.
#28 Old 07-20-2007, 07:28 AM

i love it. i am very proud of myself for doing it... it is my 1 year being vegan this week!

it feels good not to have any animal products, to not have anything to do with the horrible suffering and cruelty that goes on. i feel much, much less guilt. although at the same time i wish i could do more... and i wish other people would go veg*n. i always hear people complain about how bad it is that animals are basically being tortured... but they always end that with "but i just love meat too much!". ugh!

i can't see myself any other way... veganism is such a bit part of my life, i don't think in any circumstance i would have to eat meat or animal products.

it's probably the only thing i really love about myself.
#29 Old 07-20-2007, 10:21 AM
Veggie Regular

I feel cleaner - both inside my body and inside my heart.
#30 Old 07-20-2007, 10:23 AM
Veggie Regular

I am not 100% vegan yet, I would say 98% (still working on trace ingredients), but so far my body feels healthier, I am not fighting the morning phlegm and I just feel more awake during the day. I love it so far and am looking forward to 100%!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page