Fainting? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-28-2007, 09:53 AM
Veggie Regular

I had been doing the vegan challenge, and I had done it for about 3 weeks (this was last week), when I went over my friend's house. She is 19834729% Italian, and there was no way I could avoid eating cheese at her house, seeing as how i could hardly avoid meat, so when there were white cheddar goldfish in front of me, i ate a few, but not a lot at all.

Then, about half an hour later, I was in my friend's room and I almost fainted, which I have only done once before, and that was after loosing a LOT of blood. So, I have no idea why this happened but I think it could be:

a) The cheese I had just eaten did it, although it was seriously a very little bit.

b) I was not getting enough nutrients from my vegan diet, and it was just coincedence that I fainted after having a small bit of cheese.

What do you think? Did anything like this ever happen to anyone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-28-2007, 10:01 AM
Veggie Regular

I am sure it wasn't the cheese. (And I'm not following how white cheddar goldfish are Italian in any way, but that's beside the point).

And unless you're making poor food choices on your new vegan diet, it wouldn't be because of that either.

You may want to see a health care provider, though sometimes people faint for reasons that can't be figured out.

Was it hot? Were you dehydrated? Any previous blood pressure problems? Anemia problems? There's many possibilities, but cheese isn't one of them.
#3 Old 06-28-2007, 10:11 AM
Veggie Regular

Hahaa, I meant that I wouldn't be able to avoid eating cheese in the pasta dish my friend's mom was making, so I figured I might as well have some goldfish.

I ruled out all the common things that make people faint: I wasn't overheated, I'd had plenty of water, I ate like I usually do, except for the cheese. I don't know about my blood pressure though. I suppose if it happens again, I'll go to the doctor. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-28-2007, 10:16 AM
Veggie Regular

Yeah, but how do you "usually" eat? As a vegan, what have you been eating on a typical day? Are you underweight, overweight or about average? A teen, or elderly or somewhere in between? All sorts of factors can figure in.

But as I've said before, VB is not a source for medical diagnosis, if it happens again or worries you, go see your Doc.
#5 Old 06-29-2007, 10:36 AM
Veggie Regular

ok thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page