Great vegan meal to make for an omni - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-13-2007, 11:44 AM

Hi all! I am a strict vegetarian I guess. I eat vegan like 95+% of the time. But my husband is kinda semi-lacto-ovo-vegetarian (wow that's a long term. LOL) He only eats meat when he goes out to eat and stuff like that (for him it's cutting meat down for health) But he is willing to try "my food"

So I need a wickedly awesome meal to fix for him. TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-13-2007, 12:25 PM
Veggie Regular

Shameless Plug: https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...ad.php?t=38944 By the way, I prefer cremini mushrooms for this recipe over regular button mushrooms by far.

Prepare some mashed potatoes with unsweetened plain soy milk or Silk Creamer to go with the tofu and mushrooms, and perhaps a side of steamed broccoli with Earth Balance.

This turns out to be quite the meat and potatoes kinda meal.
#3 Old 06-13-2007, 01:30 PM

Ooh thanks. That sounds yummy. And he loves mushrooms. I switched my meat spaghetti for mushroom spaghetti a few years back and he didn't even notice until halfway through his plate. LOL. So I think anything with mushrooms would make him happy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-13-2007, 04:30 PM
Veggie Regular

That whole meal sounds delicious! DH is an omni as well, but this is a meal he would probably like. I'm looking forward to trying it!
#5 Old 06-13-2007, 07:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggythefrog View Post

Shameless Plug: https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...ad.php?t=38944 .

Not shameless at all - you should be proud, 'cause I happen to know, firsthand, that that's an AWESOME recipe!!
#6 Old 06-16-2007, 09:16 AM

If he likes Italian food, try the stuffed shells from The Uncheese Cookbook. I fix them for omni company all the time, & they are delish! I serve them with a salad & crusty bread, vegan margarine, & bake a Vegan chocolate cake, served with soy ice cream. The omni's gobble it all down with gusto. If you want to be a little fancy, fix some appetizers with crackers and Tofutti Better than Cream Cheese (it really is!) topped with olives. A lot of red wines are Vegan, so you could start with wine & appetizers.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page