Have You Been Sick or On The Verge Of Getting Sick Being Vegan? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-02-2007, 12:54 AM
Veggie Regular

Just wondering if anyone has been sick in relation to being Vegan?

What did you do and what do you keep a check of now you know..?

Thnaks..

P.S Hopfully no one has been sick but just thought we could learn from things people maybe slacked off with... No offence to anyone..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-02-2007, 05:55 AM
Beginner

I honestly don't think it was because of being vegan, but I was over at my mom's house yesterday and had a dizzy spell and suddenly people came out with "well maybe it's because you don't eat meat!"

Just wanted to put my two cents in
#3 Old 04-03-2007, 04:16 AM
Beginner

yes! ok after a week of being vegan i got sooo sick, i wanted to throw up i had so much stomach and bathroom issues (lol im being polite) omg ive never been so sick in my life and my stomach muscles just ache constantly and its killing me seriously i cant take it nemore!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 04-03-2007, 01:15 PM

i've been told, if you are vegan and you eat something that is non-vegan it can make you ill. the person that told me this is not vegan, but has a friend that is. apparently his friend was at work and it was someones birthday. his boss told him that the birthday cake was a vegan cake (which it wasn't). so, his friend ate a piece. when i asked the person if he got sick, he couldn't recall. if anyone has had any experience or knows the answer, please let me know.
#5 Old 04-03-2007, 04:28 PM

I've been vegan for almost three months, and I have not gotten sick yet. And usually I get terrible colds around this time of year. Here's to eating healthier!
#6 Old 04-03-2007, 04:37 PM
Veggie Regular

When I first went vegan I had mono, but that has nothing to do with my change in diet haha. I haven't been sick since, besides allergies and it has been about 4/5 months.
#7 Old 04-03-2007, 04:37 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshreck View Post

i've been told, if you are vegan and you eat something that is non-vegan it can make you ill. the person that told me this is not vegan, but has a friend that is. apparently his friend was at work and it was someones birthday. his boss told him that the birthday cake was a vegan cake (which it wasn't). so, his friend ate a piece. when i asked the person if he got sick, he couldn't recall. if anyone has had any experience or knows the answer, please let me know.

It is true that after a certain amount of time being vegan, you can get sick from eating something that isn't vegan.

I went to my fiancé's best friend's graduation party. They had a pasta there and he begged us to try it. He knew I had been vegan for 6 months so I chose to trust his judgment and figured it was probably vegan since he was telling me to eat it.

I shared a relatively large plate with my fiancé [he wasn't my fiancé then, he was engaged to someone else ... hahaha]. A couple hours later I felt sick to my stomach and had to leave early. I went home and as soon as I got in the door I was running to the bathroom to vomit. There was meat in the sauce.

My body, after being vegan for 6 months, became intolerant of the foods I was no longer giving it. I was allergic to dairy long before I went vegan so that's pretty much a given.
#8 Old 04-03-2007, 05:38 PM
Veggie Regular

I feel great now. I did get a head cold with a fever a couple weeks back, but it cleared up after just a day and a half. I am normally pretty much incapacitated this time of year from allergies, but not this year! The pollen and mold counts are extremely high here, and have been for a couple weeks. I haven't had so much as a sniffle!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page