Ugh. (negative comments in regards to anti-fur comments made on mypace) - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-28-2007, 06:18 PM
Beginner

I recently posted a bulletin on MySpace with some pictures and some words about how I think fur is wrong, and this is what I got in return:

"I can't belive you're buying that hippie propaganda. You know that the majotiry of those pictures are set up, not real, right? Because the hippie population is so small they set things like this up to get more people to join them.

If they are overcrowding the animals, I'm solving the problem. I'm eating the animal.

Fact of the matter is they breed enough animals for EVERY living person in the world over the age of 3. By chosing not to eat the animal bred for you, one of two things is happening:

One: Thats an extra few animals in the population that your propaganda says is overcrowded and mistreated.

Two: The animal is killed in vian, only to be killed and thrown away. "

And this is from someone I thought was a nice person. How can otherwise interesting and funny people be such idiots when it comes to matters like this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-28-2007, 06:24 PM

Everyone has their own beliefs. Try not to get to upset about what this person said, even though it is an issue you obviously take to heart. It seems that propoganda has become some sort of catchphrase almost, in more areas than one

Stick to your guns the world needs more people like you who actually care enough about something to be so passionate
#3 Old 03-28-2007, 06:58 PM
Kiz
Veggie Regular

Just ignore anything anyone posts on Myspace. Not everyone there is an idiot (for example, you aren't) but by far and away most of the people there are. Just ignore them.

Love the post? Why not buy the T-shirt!
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=categorie&cat=8
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=product&info=94
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 03-29-2007, 06:34 AM
Veggie Regular

Consider the source. This person is mind-numbingly stupid on the subject of basic animal issues.

You were talking about fur, but the bulk of his/her reply post defends eating meat. Last time I checked, the world's population is not sustained on mink and fox meat!

He or she also has no concept of the supply-and-demand marketplace or the demographics of animal advocates.

That's why I personally don't post anything about my beliefs on Myspace. I usually just keep it to music-related stuff and humor. With all of the stupidity, bad attitudes, and egos on there, it's like a giant high school lunchroom.

slops, gloops, and gruels.
#5 Old 03-29-2007, 07:43 AM
Banned

They are just "rattling your chain" to get you upset--trolling if you will. Remember there are a few nuts in every tree, and that is a big tree.
#6 Old 03-29-2007, 12:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Did you say anything back? I would have. Would I get anywhere? Maybe not, but there's always a chance! The pictures are fake? GOOD GRIEF. There is so much evidence it's mind boggling. And since when are hippies into recruiting? I doubt they give a crap.

oy!
#7 Old 03-29-2007, 03:27 PM
Banned

I'd just tell them that they are right. Animal cruelty is all fake... just like the Holocaust. And the moon landing. Fake. And global warming. Definitely fake. It's alllll a conspiracy.

You might want to also ask them if their tinfoil hat is on securely.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page