Eliya's personal 30 VEGAN challange !!! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-20-2007, 07:12 AM

hello everyone,

i decided to create a new thread (inspired by Cojo) who i must say i am very very proud of!!! congraualtions - for that amazing effort (especially being a meat-eater before)

i have been pescetarian for a year and have recently became vegetarian. recently since i joined veggieboards i have been thinking about becoming Vegan. With alot of reseach and thought i decided why the hell would i not do this. For moral and health reasons!

So here it is

i am starting tomorrow and most probably continue after the 30 days!!! i have been ( i guess you could say) half Vegan for mainly the last month (eating next to NO dairy products and no eggs) but i have been eating chocolate and i did eat pizza with feta on it tonight ...

but from tomorrow onwards - i have stocked up

I will start my 30 day challenge -

im not so sure how my family will react - they know i have been weaning of dairy and eggs . but in total (to the extent of not eating my favorite soy and linseed bread which i found out last night contains milk solids) they may be a little surprised. But they can deal with it and its my choice, however they seem to be very supportive of my vegetarianism anyway.

okay

wish me luck

xo EL

start weight

86 kg

ps my new gym opens this friday!!! so exited
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-20-2007, 07:22 AM
Veggie Regular

good luck!
#3 Old 03-20-2007, 08:11 AM
Veggie Regular

Good for you! And you can do it! If you need support...I can't think of a better place for you to find it.

Keep us in the loop with how it's going!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 03-20-2007, 08:30 AM

Congrats! I can't wait to read about your journey.
#5 Old 03-20-2007, 11:02 AM

Good luck!
#6 Old 03-20-2007, 02:45 PM
Beginner

Congrats and good luck!! You can do it!
#7 Old 03-20-2007, 04:37 PM

THANKS EVERYONE -

so far its been easy

but only 3 hrs since i have been awake

toast w- vegemite(MMMM)

and tea with soy milk
#8 Old 03-20-2007, 06:28 PM
Beginner

Vegemite! I'm so curious about it. When will we ever get it in the US...sigh...

You can do it! I did it 'bout a week and a half ago and it's been easy!
#9 Old 03-20-2007, 07:21 PM
Veggie Regular

ah! Congratulations!! Good luck You seem like you have a really great start already.
#10 Old 03-20-2007, 09:28 PM

thanks everyone -

vegemite is amazing!!! personally i prefer promite but we didnt have any left -

it is an aquired taste - but its great
#11 Old 03-21-2007, 03:16 AM

hi everyone

ok say the first day was extremelly easY!!!!

However my day was very busy and i was lucky enough to have leftovers of cheesless pizza for lunch so i didn't have to think about it. Today i ate -

2 pieces of toast with vegemite

tea with soy milk

cheesless pizza covered in eggplant sweet potatoe and yummy veggies -

and dinner i had two vegan sausages (chick pean and spinach ) with salad and brown rice!!!

and finally some soy ice cream (YUM YUM)

was very easy

but i understand it will get get harder with the chocolate cravings and me being a teeneager countless parties and social getherings full of junk food that no doubtably contain animal products. but i will deal with it and i will feel good for it!

I havent told my parents yet- im not sure.......

thanks everyone for your support - i will keep you posted!!!

xoxo

eliya
#12 Old 03-21-2007, 11:51 AM
Veggie Regular

Keep up the great work! Find yourself some delicious 70% dark chocolate without any milk products and you will wonder why you ever liked milk chocolate!
#13 Old 03-21-2007, 11:09 PM
Beginner

Vegemite is the single most awesome thin eva. i have no idea how ppl survive wihout it lol if neone wans tips on how o eat vegemite and make it fantastic ask me lol i have eaten it liek every day o fmy life!!! congrats on veganism!
#14 Old 03-22-2007, 06:00 AM

ok second day

slightly harder

today i started off with my ritual vegemite toast and cup of tea with soy milk!!!

Got to school and had leftovers for lunch a lentil burger with rice and salad - I finish school at 1pm on thursdays so i ate my delicious strawberry soy yoghurt and a plum on the bus home. 50 minute bus ride so i have to make it interesting.

My new gym opened tonight - and i went to the opening - it is absolutely amazing!!!! massive and alll brand new - i am going tomorrow before school (how good is that)? and i have even signed up for a personal trainer - this health regimen will last - i hope. This thing that i am most scared of is that i always say this and it never happens. But i really beleive it this time. And i am also feeling mentally better about myself for becoming vegan. Even though it has only been two days i feel that i am a better person for it. Today at school my friend had these beautifully looking maple and walnut muffins . But i said no. oh how i wanted one badly. Does it get easier saying no? after a while are you so used to it that you dont actually want it?

Thanks guys!!! I'll keep you posted

xoxo
#15 Old 03-22-2007, 06:40 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliya View Post

Today at school my friend had these beautifully looking maple and walnut muffins . But i said no. oh how i wanted one badly. Does it get easier saying no?

Vegan with a Vengeance has a recipe for awesome maple walnut cookies, I guarantee they will kick your friend's muffins' ass. PM me if you'd like the recipe.

And yes, it does get easier! In a few weeks you won't even think twice about saying no - animal products just won't be food anymore. You're doing great!
#16 Old 03-22-2007, 06:42 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliya View Post

Today at school my friend had these beautifully looking maple and walnut muffins . But i said no. oh how i wanted one badly. Does it get easier saying no? after a while are you so used to it that you dont actually want it?

It find it rather easy to say no to nonvegan food that I'm being offered, because I do not want to eat it. However, there is a "social" component to rejecting food where I live, which can make it hard at times to say "no" again and again. It's considered impolite to reject anything just because you don't "want" it, the only reasons for rejecting food that are widely accepted are religion (for example a kosher/halal diet), and if you're completely full and just can't have a bite more... Some people will never stop offering nonvegan food even meat to me, although I've told them many times that I don't want it and why. Either they have a memory like a sieve or they are just not taking my veganism seriously, whatever. What I hate most is when someone says "Come on, just one, it won't hurt" - I sometimes reply "It would not hurt me, right" (although I usually prefer not to "lecture" anyone on the ethics of veganism)

As for "not wanting" things like muffins, chocolate etc. anymore, I would not know, because I'm actually still having these - just the vegan(ized) versions. Why not make some vegan muffins and share them with your friends. Btw most muffins freeze very well so you can just thaw one or two at a time as "needed"

Good luck on your vegan ways
#17 Old 03-22-2007, 03:17 PM
Beginner

It does get much easier to resist non-vegan foods after a while. Congrats on not taking a muffin, though. ^.^ And definitley go for the dark chocolate. I love it now. I always thought it was too strong or bitter, but then you get used to it and wonder why people were always trying to cover up the taste of chocolate with milk and such. Now it just seems like it would be way too sweet.

Keep up the good work!
#18 Old 03-23-2007, 03:34 PM
Veggie Regular

congrats on your progress so far!

How's it been today?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page