Rawr. The Girl Scout Cookies - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-16-2006, 08:31 PM
Veggie Regular

http://www.littlebrowniebakers.com/c...es/samoas.html

Why couldn't they make Samoa cookies with rice milk instead of whole milk? Bleh!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-16-2006, 08:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Hurm I spose I can use this copycat recipe and substitute vegan ingredients:

http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/rec...ies31363.shtml
#3 Old 12-16-2006, 09:45 PM

!!!

i totally forgot about this....but the girl guide (canadian thing) chocolate mint cookies are vegan!!! i only know this because my cousin who is severely allergic to eggs and milk used to order crates of them from me when i was a kid. ahhh this is so exciting!! i can't wait to get them, i think they are my favourite cookies ever and i haven't had them in years.

anyway....carry on....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-16-2006, 10:13 PM
Veggie Regular

they also have glyserine in them...
#5 Old 12-16-2006, 10:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Thin mints have milk... well, they have whey...

Serving\tSize 4 cookies (32g)

\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tServings Per Container about 9

\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tAmount Per Serving \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tCalories 150 \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tCalories from Fat 60 \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t

\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t% Daily Value* \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tTotal Fat 7g \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t11 % \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t Saturated Fat 4.5g \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t23 % \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t Trans Fat 0g \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tCholesterol 0mg \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t0 % \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tSodium 115mg \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t5 % \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tTotal Carbohydrate 20g \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t7 % \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t Dietary Fiber 1g \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t4 % \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t Sugars 10g \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t

\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tProtein 2g \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t

\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tVitamin A \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t 0 \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t% \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t· \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tVitamin C \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t 0 \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t% \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tCalcium \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t 0 \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t% \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t· \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tIron \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t 4 \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t% \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t

\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tCalories: \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t2,000 \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t2,500 \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tTotal Fat \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tLess than \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t65g \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t80g \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t Sat Fat \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tLess than \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t20g \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t25g \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tCholesterol \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tLess than \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t300mg \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t300mg \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tSodium \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tLess than \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t2,400mg \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t2,400mg \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tTotal Carbohydrate \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t300g \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t375g \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t Dietary Fiber \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t25g \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t30g \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t

\t\t\t\t\t\tIngredients:
ENRICHED FLOUR [WHEAT FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMINE MONONITRATE (VITAMIN B1), RIBOFLAVIN (VITAMIN B2), FOLIC ACID], SUGAR, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL, (SOYBEAN, COTTONSEED, PALM AND/OR PALM KERNEL OILS, TBHQ AND CITRIC ACID TO PRESERVE FRESHNESS)), COCOA, CARAMEL COLOR, CONTAINS TWO PERCENT OR LESS OF COCOA PROCESSED WITH ALKALI, INVERT SUGAR, WHEY (MILK), LEAVENING (BAKING SODA, MONOCALCIUM PHOSPHATE), CORNSTARCH, SALT, SOY LECTITHIN, ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, OIL OF PEPPERMINT.

\t\t\t\t\t\t

\t\t\t\t\t\t CONTAINS WHEAT, SOY AND MILK INGREDIENTS.

\t\t\t\t\t\t

\t\t\t\t\t\tDIETARY EXCHANGE:

\t\t\t\t\t\t1 CARBOHYDRATES, 1 FAT.
#6 Old 12-16-2006, 10:18 PM
Veggie Regular

The annoying thing about Girl Scout/Guide cookies is that they are different depending on where you live. Mine are made by ABC (America's Best Cookies), but I must live on the border because if I buy them outside of my county, they're from a different company and some of them have different names (and they don't taste quite the same). You have to check with whatever company your local Girl Scouts/Guides use.
#7 Old 12-16-2006, 10:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Hillyer View Post

Hurm I spose I can use this copycat recipe and substitute vegan ingredients:

http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/rec...ies31363.shtml

Good idea. What would you use instead of sweetened condensed milk? I'd like to make my own vegan samoas!
#8 Old 12-17-2006, 12:59 PM
Veggie Regular

The same reason why almost all mainstream cookies use animal ingredients of some sort. They don't have to, but they do because they are cheap and most of the people eating them do not care.

slops, gloops, and gruels.
#9 Old 12-18-2006, 03:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalia View Post

Good idea. What would you use instead of sweetened condensed milk? I'd like to make my own vegan samoas!

Hurm I might condense rice milk and add a sprinkle of agave nectar or something. Any ideas?
#10 Old 12-18-2006, 04:09 PM
Veggie Regular

What about coconut milk, or maybe cream of coconut? Anyone think that might make a good replacement for sweetened condensed milk? I would love to give it a try.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page