vegan skin care/pore cleansing? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-12-2006, 08:36 AM
Veggie Regular

Does anyone know of any good skin care products that help clean out facial pores, but are also vegan? I know that I could probably look around the store and try to find one, but I figured I'd ask first.

thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-12-2006, 09:03 AM

Arbonne

Nature's Gate
#3 Old 12-12-2006, 10:20 AM

I'd recommended getting a bowl of hot water and using the steam to open your pores and then use some tea tree oil, or something similar in the water and rinse your face with it to give it a good de-gunking. And get a gentle exfoliant too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-13-2006, 06:15 PM

MyChelle...not only are they vegan, they're natural and pure.....no chemicals. Even Arbonne, which are very good have parabens and suddings agents.
#5 Old 12-13-2006, 06:16 PM

MyChelle...not only are they vegan, they're natural and pure.....no chemicals. Even Arbonne, which are very good have parabens and sudsing agents.
#6 Old 12-13-2006, 06:27 PM
Veggie Regular

Desert Essence makes an excellent face wash with tea tree oil. I have combination skin and it works great! They just started selling it at Trader Joe's, but I'm not sure where else.
#7 Old 12-13-2006, 06:28 PM
Veggie Regular

#8 Old 12-13-2006, 06:36 PM
Veggie Regular

A gentle, cheap external exfoliante is to mix a little baking soda in with your normal face soap once or twice a week.
#9 Old 12-13-2006, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smootie View Post

MyChelle...not only are they vegan, they're natural and pure.....no chemicals. Even Arbonne, which are very good have parabens and sudsing agents.

some Mychelle products are not vegan, just FYI. i like the Pumkin renewal cream but i switched to Arbonne, which i love.
#10 Old 12-16-2006, 07:02 AM
Veggie Regular

kiss my face. I just bought it and the acne on my chin is nearly gone.

Also, I use my coffee grinder and crush oatmeal in it to use as a once a week exfoliant.

For your pours.. I second the steaming idea. Just stick your head over a pot of hot water (take it off the stove first) and throw a towel around you like a tent. I used to do this all the time. Then wash and rinse with cold water to close the pours.
#11 Old 12-16-2006, 12:54 PM
Veggie Regular

Thank you for all the suggestions!
#12 Old 12-16-2006, 01:58 PM
Veggie Regular

thanks for the comments!

once I get home for winter break, I'm definitely going to try some of these techniques out and look into possibly pruchasing a product or two.

I seem to always have very clogged pores around my nose and parts of my face and it is SO annoying!
#13 Old 12-19-2006, 01:51 AM

It will be better to use something home made. But due to busy working schedule, I would prefer ayurvedic stuffs to clean myself. I use GOLD 24 DEEP PORE CLEANSING MILK twice daily. It does not have any side effects.
#14 Old 12-19-2006, 06:56 AM
Veggie Regular

i also recommend the tea tree oil/steam process-but it needn't be done daily.

in between, you can do 'olive oil wash.' spread a bit of olive oil over your face; let sit for a couple of minutes, and then wipe away with a soft face cloth. it removes dirt, opens pores, draws out yuck, and moisturizes (which is often why we break out). so, it's a great alternative.

it's not vegan, but also excellent, is honey--particularly if one has cystic acne (big cyst-like pimples). it's antibiotic properties kill the bacteria. you use the same process as olive oil, follwed by a water rinse.
#15 Old 12-20-2006, 12:28 PM

zoebird, I second what you said about the oils.

I have dry skin that rarely breaks out and I use the Oil Cleansing Method (OCM). It has helped moisturize my skin like nothing else has. I know ppl also do OCM who have oily, acne-prone skin and they say it works wonders for them too. "Like dissoves like" I think for acne-prone skin, castor oil is the best because it has some antiseptic properties and some 'pull' to it. (dont quote me on that castor oil thing though)

I use grapeseed oil for my face though, not olive oil (dont like how OO smells - ick). I slop some on, rub it in for a minute or two - usually I leave it on while I brush my teeth - and then wipe with a wet papertowel (Im looking into alternative wipe-material) I rinse with cold water and put on a mix of shea butter and avacado oil. I do this at night. In the AM, all I do is rinse with cool water and put on coconut oil with my makeup. I mix it with my powder foundation. As far as taking off eye makeup, jojoba oil is great!!

As for exfoliating, I mix up crushed aspirin and whatever oil I feel like using. I GENTLY rub while Im putting it on. I leave it for about 10 minutes and rinse with warm water. Cool rinse to close pores. I only do this about every two weeks. The salicistic acid (sp) in the aspirin is great for toning down redness and getting rid of any zits I do have. And the oils are calming. Ive tried baking soda and I was way too rough with thr rubbing. I ended up looking like I got sunburnt for about two days after. I havent x'd it completely though, Ill try it again sometime, Im sure.

HTH a little
#16 Old 12-20-2006, 01:25 PM
Veggie Regular

i'd never thought of using castor oil. interesting idea.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page