VeggieBoards banner

Nayonaise vs. Veganaise?

7K views 57 replies 34 participants last post by  Vegan Joe 
#1 ·
Needing to get a sub when my mayo runs out or expires (whichever comes first... actually I meant to get some today anyway and forgot)~

Brand recomendations?

#9 ·
Well, I used to be a huge Miracle Whip fan and I don't think Nayonaise tastes anything like it, I think it's disgusting...but I've had people argue quite vehemently that I didn't know what I was talking about
and that can be true at times....so...... my advice is to try them both.

Oh, and I love Vegenaise by the way.

#10 ·
Well, I have to admit I've only had Miracle Whip once or twice in my life. And remember it vividly - such that when I tasted Nayonnaise it rushed back some childhood memories of being at my friend's house.

But it's quite likely that they do taste dissimilar... just that they tasted similar to me, after tastings separated by 20 years. ;p

#11 ·
well i'll be crazy and say that i've only ever had nayo and it tasted okay to me, not great but okay...

THEN however I whip up my own... reusing the jar

this can be to your personal deliciousness and is much much much better than anything bought.

per 4 oz silken tofu

1/3 + cup olive oil

2 tblsp lemon juice + a touch zest

2 tsp Dijon mustard

salt & pepper

even in my past when i reverted back to non-veganism I'd still make my own nayo...

mmm....

#22 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hang~Ten~Honey View Post

...I should have read about this 3 days ago...
Heeehee, I just posted it last night so wouldn't have helped, even if you could go back in time

Wouldn't it be nice if they had testers out of each and you could try before you buy....? Alas...

I probably will try making that recipe with the silken tofu~ how long does it keep when you make it yourself?

#25 ·
veganaise is really good, never tried the other stuff. i was a miracle whip fan. i usually add spices to the veganaise for my favorite sandwich in the world. hubby uses it to make tofu salad and stuff like that. whatever we make with the veganaise truns out pretty good. highly reccomend it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.