So sick of feeling bloated... - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-10-2006, 09:59 PM

So yeah, I am so sick of feeling bloated. Being Vegan, all I seem to eat is oatmeal and fruit and veggies and beans...Can someone say gas ? I feel like I have a huge gut evertime I eat because all I eat are these fiberous foods, anybody else feel this way?

What are some not heavy/gasy/fiberous/bulky foods that are vegan?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-11-2006, 01:46 PM
Veggie Regular

Have you tried adding things like ginger, turmeric, fennel, cumin, coriander seed etc. to your food? Indian recipes are a good place to start but I stick ginger in almost everything anyway. If you don't feel like fiddling with the recipe, you could just drink the ginger. Just grate some and add it to a glass of water with some lemon juice and your sweetener of choice. Additionally, mung beans are easier to digest than most other legumes.
#3 Old 09-11-2006, 05:24 PM
Veggie Regular

How long has it been since you switched to this way of eating? Your body needs time to adjust to the high fiber content. Once it does you will be way less bloated.

You can try not so fiberous of breads, fake meat products don't have much fiber or less fiberous cereals. White potatoes have alot less fiber. You may want to back off the fiber a bit, lower it and then gradually increase it each week so your body can adjust.

Also drinks lots of water and dandelion tea is good for bloating. I hope this helps!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 09-11-2006, 05:40 PM
Veggie Regular

That is what I would suggest. It really has helped me since becoming vegan about 2 months ago. The only time I drink anything else besides water is breakfast.

It's always worse right after you start as someone else above me said, once your body gets "accustomed" to the extra fiber you should start feeling a bit better. I also agree about trying to drop a few of the more fiber laden foods & find a replacement for them. As for breakfast, you could do just some good bread with apple butter or some good peanut butter with a slice of banana. I've also heard alot of people here like the tofu scramble for breakfast?

You could also replace some of the veggies with a nice helping of brown rice (yes, still fiber but alot less taxing on your system than just veggies would be, you could do kind of a stir-fry with the rice).

It's an awful feeling being bloated, I hope you get to feeling better soon!

Michelle in N.FL.
#5 Old 09-11-2006, 08:52 PM

Thanksguys...I have been vegan for about 4 months, with a few cheese slip ups. I just feel so gasy, embararssing...
#6 Old 09-11-2006, 09:09 PM
Banned

May I add Exercise. a good walk, jog, or run, is also an excellent way, to reduce bloating, and helpful moving your food along your digestive track.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page