VeggieBoards banner

Are Barbecue Flavored Lays Vegan?

848 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Tom 
#1 ·
Title says it all. I had groceries make a substitute to this item. Google says it’s vegan but I’m not sure how I trust it so I thought I’d ask here before I dive in or trash it haha.

I know they’re not heathy, that doesn’t bother me as I’m really underweight and any food is good food for me lol.

#2 ·
I don't know. I find potato chips hard to resist, but I usually get the unsalted kind. Some would find them bland, but I think salted chips have too much salt, and that overpowers the potato taste.

Anyhow- maybe manufacturers would be tempted to put incorrect information on the ingredient label- but if they did that, they'd be in BIG. BIG. TROUBLE. with the authorities, for many reasons. Many folks have dietary restrictions: vegans; vegetarians; followers of various religions which forbid them to consume certain things, at least at certain times; folks who have food allergies or sensitivities which could sicken or possibly even kill them if they were to inadvertently consume certain foods...

If you don't trust Google (and it's not perfect, after all) why not go to the manufacturer's website and see what they list as ingredients? They may not even know what "vegan" means- but you do- and after reading the list you'd have at least a good idea of whether they're vegan. (Granted, there might be an ingredient or two which may or may not be vegan... in which case, you'd have to do a bit more digging around.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.