• 2 Post By David3
  • 3 Post By oldmanveggie
  • 1 Post By oldmanveggie
  • 1 Post By David3

#1 Old 12-30-2018, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator

Carl's Jr. Debuts Beyond Meat Burger Nationwide

Quote:
Carl’s Jr. partnered with vegan meat company Beyond Meat to launch a Beyond Burger menu option at more than 1,000 locations nationwide beginning Jan. 2. The Beyond Famous Star burger, a meatless version of the chain’s iconic Famous Star, features a vegan Beyond Burger patty, topped with cheese, lettuce, tomato, sliced onion, dill pickle, special sauce, and mayonnaise, is served on a sesame seed bun, and will be available to customers for $6.29. “We know people are looking for options—in fact, roughly one-third of consumers identify as flexitarians—and we’re thrilled to partner with Beyond Meat to bring more delicious, irresistible flavors to our menu,” Jason Marker, CEO of Carl’s Jr. parent company CKE Restaurants, said. “The new Beyond Famous Star is a true industry game-changer, and we’re proud to add it to our roster of innovative offerings and build on the legacy of mouthwatering flavors.” The Carl’s Jr. launch is Beyond Meat’s biggest restaurant partnership to date—surpassing its July launch at 925 locations of A&W Canada. “I have long looked forward to the day when my kids can go to a major fast-food chain and order the Beyond Burger. I am grateful to say that that day has arrived,” Beyond Meat CEO Ethan Brown said. “At our core, Beyond Meat is about enabling consumers to ‘Eat What You Love,’ and there is no better example than being able to enjoy a delicious Carl’s Jr. burger, while receiving the added health and sustainability benefits of the plant-based Beyond Burger. It is with innovative and forward-looking partners, like Carl’s Jr., that we are building a brighter and more sustainable future.” Customers can also order the Beyond Burger instead of meat on any Carl’s Jr. sandwich for an additional $2. Hardee’s restaurants are not part of the Beyond Meat partnership.
Read the rest here: https://vegnews.com/2018/12/carls-jr..._zB_CGPoI6benM

I'm happy Beyond Meat is now available basically everywhere in the States but why is it still so hard to get in Canada and everywhere else?
oldmanveggie likes this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-30-2018, 06:57 PM
Vegan since 1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

Read the rest here: https://vegnews.com/2018/12/carls-jr..._zB_CGPoI6benM

I'm happy Beyond Meat is now available basically everywhere in the States but why is it still so hard to get in Canada and everywhere else?

When Carls Jr is serving vegan meat, you know that things are getting real. Carl’s has ridiculed veg eating in the past. Remember these Carl's Jr. bumper stickers?

Ye gawds, I just realized that these bumper stickers came out 20 years ago! I guess things really can change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________

Specific recommendations for a healthy diet include: eating more fruit, vegetables, legumes, nuts and grains; cutting down on salt, sugar and fats. It is also advisable to choose unsaturated fats, instead of saturated fats and towards the elimination of trans-fatty acids."
- United Nations' World Health Organization
http://www.who.int/topics/diet/en/

Last edited by David3; 12-30-2018 at 07:06 PM.
#3 Old 12-31-2018, 09:30 AM
Give peas a chance

a step in the right direction, though I'd still never eat there.
Werewolf Girl likes this.

Vegan Cookbooks Illustrated

http://vegan-cookbooks-illustrated.blogspot.com/

http://pinterest.com/VeganCookbooks/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-05-2019, 11:31 AM
Vegan since 1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by David3 View Post
When Carls Jr is serving vegan meat, you know that things are getting real. Carl’s has ridiculed veg eating in the past. Remember these Carl's Jr. bumper stickers?

Ye gawds, I just realized that these bumper stickers came out 20 years ago! I guess things really can change.

My local Carl’s Jr. has the Beyond Burger. My mom and I may try it today.

_________

Specific recommendations for a healthy diet include: eating more fruit, vegetables, legumes, nuts and grains; cutting down on salt, sugar and fats. It is also advisable to choose unsaturated fats, instead of saturated fats and towards the elimination of trans-fatty acids."
#5 Old 01-05-2019, 12:23 PM
Beginner

Sweet! I can't wait to try, I think the one near me has one of these.
#6 Old 01-06-2019, 11:41 AM
Veggie Regular

Let us know how it goes when you try it David.

The price tag os $6.29 concerns me a bit. These burgers need to compete on price. $6.29 looks like without fries and a drink? They have $2.49 meat burgers being offered on their site right now.

I also found this on their website.

Is the Beyond Famous Star® 100% vegan? The Beyond Burger® patty is Certified Vegan by Vegan Action/Vegan Awareness Foundation. However, at Carl’s Jr. our burgers are assembled in kitchens that also prepare animal-based products and byproducts so our burgers are not Certified Vegan. The Beyond Famous Star comes with mayo which is made with eggs while the seeded bun and our special sauce do not contain eggs, dairy or other animal byproducts. We are happy to help you customize your burger to your preference.

It looks like the burger also comes with cheese according to what I saw on their website. You would want to order it without cheese and mayo if you are vegan.

It would be better if the automatic choice was no mayo or cheese, and you had to ask for cheese or mayo to be added. But it looks like that's not the case. Maybe I'm nitpicking but I really hope vegans don't go in there and ask for the burger and then complain why it comes with mayo. Then they are going to wonder why they bothered.

Anyway I'm being a bit negative. I am actually pretty stoked about this, it is quite a step forward.

I actually looked into investing in this company and contacted them but it's too hard as a private individual trying to invest say $1000 or something in a private company. It's not worth their bother dealing with me for such a small amount. However, if they go public, I may invest in this company.
#7 Old 01-06-2019, 11:44 AM
Veggie Regular

Prices for the Beyond Famous Star start at $6.29, according to the news release. A spot check in Riverside revealed the burger with cheese selling for $7.29 solo and $9.99 in a combo. A Famous Star with a beef patty and cheese costs $4.39 by itself and $7.39 in a combo. Diners can get the Beyond Burger patty for $2 extra on any Carl’s Jr. sandwich, the release said.
https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/01/...s-famous-star/
#8 Old 01-06-2019, 05:43 PM
Vegan since 1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie in Chile View Post
Let us know how it goes when you try it David.

It would be better if the automatic choice was no mayo or cheese, and you had to ask for cheese or mayo to be added. But it looks like that's not the case. Maybe I'm nitpicking but I really hope vegans don't go in there and ask for the burger and then complain why it comes with mayo. Then they are going to wonder why they bothered.

Very good experience at Carl's Jr. today.

It would appear that the Carl's Jr. employees have been trained to cater to vegan customers. When I ordered the Beyond Burger, the cashier kindly asked me if I wanted any sauces, because the mayo and dressing weren't vegan. He used the word vegan! I was surprised, because I hadn't mentioned that I was vegan.

When I was eating, two 20-something guys walked in. Neither fit my "vegetarian stereotype", but one one them ordered a DOUBLE PATTY Beyond Burger.

The burger itself was good. I still prefer a bowl of lentils and rice.

_________

#9 Old 01-09-2019, 01:54 PM
Beginner

I've had it twice already, very good, but then again I love Beyond Meat burgers.

It is expensive, as a combo meal ran me over 11 dollars. Carl's Jr. does tend to be more expensive than other fast food places. But the most important point is that a national fast food chain is actually offering a viable alternative to non meat eaters besides the usual fries and salads. And I support that and hope this is going to be a success.

There is a McDonald's in Chicago that is offering McAloo Tikki, made from potatoes. Food giant Nestle is going to introduce their own vegan meat patty this year.
#10 Old 02-01-2019, 03:39 PM
Beginner

First ever vegan meat ad on national tv! On Super Bowl Sunday of all days!

Who would have ever thought Carl's Jr. would be the first.

https://www.livekindly.co/first-ever...ng-super-bowl/
Quote:
This weekend, during the biggest sports event of the year, a new commercial will kick up a storm during the Super Bowl. Fast food restaurant chain Carl’s Jr. will run a 30-second-spot featuring the vegan Beyond Meat Beyond Burger.

The commercial marks the first time a vegan meat advert will appear on the biggest ad stage in the world. Following its debut at the Super Bowl, the Carl’s Jr. ad will run in all of its restaurant markets across the United States.
David3 likes this.
#11 Old 02-04-2019, 11:39 AM
Vegan since 1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanveggie View Post
First ever vegan meat ad on national tv! On Super Bowl Sunday of all days!

Who would have ever thought Carl's Jr. would be the first.

https://www.livekindly.co/first-ever...ng-super-bowl/

Here is the Carl's Jr. Beyond Meat burger commercial that aired during the Superbowl. Funny and nicely done.

Nice finishing touch, too! In the last scene of the commercial, the old grizzled cowboy is doing the "Warrior II" yoga pose. Funny play on gender stereotypes.

https://www.yogajournal.com/.image/t...870_gn_bjk.jpg

Werewolf Girl likes this.

_________

Last edited by David3; 02-04-2019 at 11:43 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page