Forum Jump: 
 7Likes
  • 3 Post By David3
  • 3 Post By oldmanveggie
  • 1 Post By Emma JC

#1 Old 06-17-2018, 12:19 PM
Vegan since 1991

70% of Beyond Meat consumers are omnivorous

An estimated 70% of Beyond Meat consumers (a very innovative vegan meat substitute) are flexitarian, rather than vegetarian or vegan.

The modern meat substitutes are working for people.

https://www.foodnavigator-usa.com/Ar...ys-Beyond-Meat
oldmanveggie, Emma JC and Mr. H. like this.

_________

Specific recommendations for a healthy diet include: eating more fruit, vegetables, legumes, nuts and grains; cutting down on salt, sugar and fats. It is also advisable to choose unsaturated fats, instead of saturated fats and towards the elimination of trans-fatty acids."
- United Nations' World Health Organization
http://www.who.int/topics/diet/en/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-24-2018, 06:31 PM
Beginner

I've cooked some Beyond burgers for a few meat eating friends of mines and they loved it.

I'm going to cook some up for our company party soon and see how it goes. There's never a true meatless option at these gigs, so wanted to showcase vegan cuisine.
#3 Old 06-25-2018, 02:00 PM
Emma JC

It is so great to see this - I watched a Rich Roll video yesterday and he emphasized how important it is to encourage this "bit at a time" conversion away from animal products. Very few people start to eat plant based or become vegan the first moment they hear about it as an option and so if these burgers even get people to think about the topic, it is a great start!

They have been hard to find in Canada and yet I see that A&W are going to be serving them here soon!! that is amazing.

Emma JC
oldmanveggie likes this.

-----
Whole Food Plant-Based
for the animals, for the environment and for health (plus it's delicious)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Find a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-27-2018, 06:53 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma JC View Post
It is so great to see this - I watched a Rich Roll video yesterday and he emphasized how important it is to encourage this "bit at a time" conversion away from animal products. Very few people start to eat plant based or become vegan the first moment they hear about it as an option and so if these burgers even get people to think about the topic, it is a great start!

They have been hard to find in Canada and yet I see that A&W are going to be serving them here soon!! that is amazing.

Emma JC
The Beyond Burgers have been selling like hotcakes near where I live in Southern California. Last week I picked up a bunch of them from a local store, and the store must have had like 50 or so packets in the freezer. Today I went by the store to pick up some more, and they were all out. I had to drive around several stores to find more. The cashier who rung me up asked about the burger, saying she always wanted to try one. I told her they were great, and they were very hard to find.

One thing I noticed is that they sometimes sell these in the frozen burger section, and not in the organics section, so you might have to check around in the store.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page