• 1 Post By Thalassa
  • 1 Post By Symondezyn
  • 2 Post By Werewolf Girl
  • 3 Post By Vegan Dave

#1 Old 03-28-2017, 07:49 PM
Super Moderator

A Statement from Chef Chloe Coscarelli

Quote:
Famed chef and restaurateur speaks out for the first time after being ousted from her own restaurant.
Read the statement here: http://vegnews.com/articles/page.do?pageId=9251&catId=1

This is heartbreaking! I've been a fan of hers for years and she's so talented, I'm still not convinced the people who fired her won't start serving animal products now that she's out of the picture.
Purp, Vegan Dave and BlueMts like this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-28-2017, 11:49 PM
person

Just plain wrong.Shame on them.

"The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men." - Leonardo Da Vinci, Italian Painter, Sculptor, Architect, Musician, Engineer, and Scientist

When it comes to having a central nervous system, and the ability to feel pain, hunger, and thirst, a rat is a pig is a dog is a boy. ~Ingrid Newkirk
#3 Old 03-29-2017, 03:11 PM
Bandit

CEO Haber sounds like a monster, either way, as he apparently did this to another young chef in the past.

However, co-founder Wasserman claims that the chain would never serve meat, contradicting a statement Chef Chloe made against her partners (doesn't mean they didn't try to implement eggs or dairy).

My favorite things there, at By Chloe, are the "meat"ball sub and fries with beet ketchup. She's a really talented person, a true artist.
Minniesmom53 likes this.

"Thinkers may prepare revolutions, but bandits must carry them out"~
Ingrid Newkirk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 03-29-2017, 03:22 PM
Plant Powered

Wow, how awful - shame on them!!! I can't imagine how betrayed she must feel - it's her name on everything, of COURSE it should be about what SHE stands for!! Aren't there enough non-vegan restaurants around that they shouldn't have to feel the need to pander?

Unfortunately, I'm not personally acquainted with her restaurants as there are none nearby here, but I know of her, obviously. I think I'll go buy all her books now, to show my support ^_^
Werewolf Girl likes this.
#5 Old 03-29-2017, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symondezyn View Post
Wow, how awful - shame on them!!! I can't imagine how betrayed she must feel - it's her name on everything, of COURSE it should be about what SHE stands for!! Aren't there enough non-vegan restaurants around that they shouldn't have to feel the need to pander?

Unfortunately, I'm not personally acquainted with her restaurants as there are none nearby here, but I know of her, obviously. I think I'll go buy all her books now, to show my support ^_^
You won't be disappointed, all her recipes are incredible! My absolute favourites are the avocado pesto pasta and the cookie dough truffles.
Purp and Symondezyn like this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#6 Old 03-29-2017, 11:54 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post
You won't be disappointed, all her recipes are incredible! My absolute favourites are the avocado pesto pasta and the cookie dough truffles.
Mine too. You can have the avocado, but those cookie dough truffles... At least I have the recipe and the courage to make them...Mmmmmm....It's Wednesday, in 2 days it will be Friday...I am pure evil, as you all know...

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#7 Old 03-30-2017, 04:12 PM
Don't Eat Animals.

What a crock!

A talented individual replaced for the sake of increased profits.

Morals are so yesterday.

She's got the talent & determination to rise above this.

Every closed door reveals an opened one.

She will adjust and be just fine.

All animals should be respected & should have the ability to lead a natural & enjoyable life. This means not eating them, or abusing them in any way.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page