SOS- Dating advice and support - VeggieBoards

SOS- Dating advice and support

tami04
03:59 PM 02-21-2017
Hi all. So, let me just jump right into this topic! I'm quite young (19) so I know at this age I shouldn't be freaking out about not having a spouse and I'm not. But my problem is that as the person I am with morals being so important to me, it really limits who I could ever date. I'm a vegan and I'm a Christian as well. I've been feeling confused, worried, etc., that I'll never actually find someone to marry. I've always wanted to be a wife, but it seems so difficult to find someone that is with me on both of my big beliefs and views (my religion and vegan). I just can't see myself being comfortable, happy, or emotionally okay with being with someone who has such differing morals and beliefs from me, even if they were a kind and loving person.
Like seriously, how do you even find a person who is vegan and Christian, and single, and you happen to know they are committed to both of those things, and you are both attracted to and suited for each other?!?!! OMG!
Not sure what I'm looking for with this post- maybe your advice, but more likely just support? I don't even know haha! Do you have any thoughts, anything to share? Thank you for reading this and - maybe- empathizing with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

jessandreia's Avatar jessandreia
04:21 PM 02-21-2017
Nothing wrong with wanting to date only vegans, but definitely limits choices. And on top of that, being Christian... even more of a limit.
Maybe you could expand your limit to someone who isn't vegan, but seems open minded enough to go vegan one day or at the very least eat vegan at home? I was lucky enough to marry someone who was already vegetarian when we met and eventually went vegan (or eats vegan 99% of the year at least) after we got together, but I think this what I would do if that wasn't the case.

I don't know. Just my opinion. It's definitely very much a personal choice. Maybe try joining vegan groups or potlucks.
David3's Avatar David3
07:42 PM 02-21-2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by tami04 View Post
Hi all. So, let me just jump right into this topic! I'm quite young (19) so I know at this age I shouldn't be freaking out about not having a spouse and I'm not. But my problem is that as the person I am with morals being so important to me, it really limits who I could ever date. I'm a vegan and I'm a Christian as well. I've been feeling confused, worried, etc., that I'll never actually find someone to marry. I've always wanted to be a wife, but it seems so difficult to find someone that is with me on both of my big beliefs and views (my religion and vegan). I just can't see myself being comfortable, happy, or emotionally okay with being with someone who has such differing morals and beliefs from me, even if they were a kind and loving person.
Like seriously, how do you even find a person who is vegan and Christian, and single, and you happen to know they are committed to both of those things, and you are both attracted to and suited for each other?!?!! OMG!
Not sure what I'm looking for with this post- maybe your advice, but more likely just support? I don't even know haha! Do you have any thoughts, anything to share? Thank you for reading this and - maybe- empathizing with it.

Hi Tami,

I wonder if you might enjoy meeting people through your local Seventh Day Adventist Christian church? A large percentage of Adventists are vegetarians.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mojo's Avatar Mojo
10:31 PM 02-21-2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by David3 View Post
Hi Tami,

I wonder if you might enjoy meeting people through your local Seventh Day Adventist Christian church? A large percentage of Adventists are vegetarians.
... or churches that are progressive, or on the Christian left. You would find a lot more people open to addressing issues of social justice, poverty, health care, the environment, etc than you would on the Christian right. IMO.
Tags: dating , love , relationships
Reply Up