• 1 Post By Jamie in Chile
  • 1 Post By Tom
  • 1 Post By Paisley.Dear
  • 1 Post By Purp
  • 1 Post By Knowtions In Motion

#1 Old 01-31-2017, 07:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Thumbs down Drown one's sorrows

I didn't get a job I applied for, and want to drown my sorrows in ice cream, carmel sauce, and chocolate sauce. What do you do to drown your sorrows?

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-31-2017, 07:50 PM
Veggie Regular

Nothing. I can't even stomach food when I feel down.

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

#3 Old 01-31-2017, 08:23 PM

I usually hide in a super hot bath. I'm sorry you didn't get the job. :-(
Purp and leedsveg like this.

Vegan: because I'm being the change I wish to see in the world
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-31-2017, 08:24 PM
Vegan since 1991

I sit at a favorite Mexican bar, read my Kindle, eat chips and salsa, and drink Dr. Pepper.
Purp likes this.

_________

Specific recommendations for a healthy diet include: eating more fruit, vegetables, legumes, nuts and grains; cutting down on salt, sugar and fats. It is also advisable to choose unsaturated fats, instead of saturated fats and towards the elimination of trans-fatty acids."
- United Nations' World Health Organization
http://www.who.int/topics/diet/en/
#5 Old 01-31-2017, 11:32 PM
Bandit

It depends on what it is...if it's draining, I'm inclined to drink red wine and listen to Lana del Rey. If I'm angry or annoyed I might eat pizza and watch horror movies. If I'm really overwhelmed and feel like running away instead of curling into myself, I like to go hiking or camping.
Tom, Purp and Sidhuriel like this.

"Thinkers may prepare revolutions, but bandits must carry them out"~
Ingrid Newkirk
#6 Old 02-01-2017, 09:35 AM
Peace

I meditate every day, and more than once when I feel bad. It brings me back to my center and gives me peace.

If I look for comfort because I feel physically unwell I curl up with a nice book or some good movie under a duvet with something nice to munch on and a cup of tea.

Comfort foods for me are anything with potatoes, a pizza or ice cream
Purp likes this.

Nothing tastes as good as compassion feels
#7 Old 02-01-2017, 02:54 PM
Veggie Regular

I go for a 5k run (in a circle to make sure I come back).

Lv
Purp likes this.
#8 Old 02-04-2017, 01:47 AM

Drink wine and listen to stompy industrial music.

Sorry to hear about the job!
Purp likes this.
#9 Old 02-04-2017, 09:51 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by David3 View Post
I sit at a favorite Mexican bar, read my Kindle, eat chips and salsa, and drink Dr. Pepper.
Sounds awesome! I am feeling a need to go and do this right away.
Purp likes this.
#10 Old 02-04-2017, 11:51 AM
Tom
Veggie Regular

I'm sorry you didn't get the job, Purp. I remember, about 20 years ago, my whole section was being transferred into another division which was doing the sort of work I really wanted to be involved in- but just before the transfer, I was transferred out of the section. I still had a job, but I was disappointed.

What I do depends upon how I feel. For some reason, my eating habits generally don't change. If I'm angry/sorrowful, intense exercise is what I need (I get regular checkups and know that, for the moment, I have no medical conditions which would make this dangerous for me). On the other hand, if I feel like I want to just crawl into a quiet place for a time, I try not to do that, and make an effort to socialize with people I care about. I might tell them about something that is bothering me, but I try to sort of make light of it and not unload on them too much. I'll probably listen to some music that improves my mood, in either case.
Purp likes this.

Peasant (1963-1972) and Fluffy (1970s?-1982- I think of you as 'Ambrose' now)- Your spirits outshone some humans I have known. Be happy forever.

Last edited by Tom; 02-04-2017 at 11:55 AM.
#11 Old 02-07-2017, 01:46 PM
Vegan since 2011

Sorry to hear you didn't get the job you wanted, that's always disappointing. I tend to be a sad/angry baker. Having a bad day? Make some awesome f***** cookies! Feeling really blue? Here comes the most bada** cake you've ever seen! It doesn't really fix anything, but it sure does feel good to dig into something great when you feel like the world is against you. You hear that world? I'm having my cake and eating it too! So there!
Purp likes this.

"The first step in changing anything is getting people to care." - Misha Collins
#12 Old 02-07-2017, 03:41 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley.Dear View Post
Sorry to hear you didn't get the job you wanted, that's always disappointing. I tend to be a sad/angry baker. Having a bad day? Make some awesome f***** cookies! Feeling really blue? Here comes the most bada** cake you've ever seen! It doesn't really fix anything, but it sure does feel good to dig into something great when you feel like the world is against you. You hear that world? I'm having my cake and eating it too! So there!
Good advice. I (sort of) took it all ready. Hold on, just a sec. Chocolate layer cake with a layer of Chocolate chip cookie.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P2030046.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	15714  
Paisley.Dear likes this.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#13 Old 02-07-2017, 05:06 PM
Vegan, Mostly WFPB

Anything gluten-free vegan pasta related, like the "beanaroni" with penne, homemade marinara and sauteed mushrooms, garlic, onions, and black beans I made recently, or typical macaroni salad southern style, or tossed in with mixed sauteed veggies with toasted sesame oil (and sometimes a bit of hoison sauce for the Asian bbq effect), or with earth balance soy free buttery spread stuff and garlic -or- if I'm craving sweetness, I reach for crunchy peanut butter with dairy free chocolate chips, or medjool dates stuffed with peanut butter, walnuts, and/or coconut butter and dipped in melted dairy free chocolate chips, or nice cream made with frozen bananas, carob powder, and nut butter of some sort, or frozen watermelon sorbet................mmmmmmmmmmm. Yumminess that really IS as treat. lol Compared to the things I used to grab and call a treat, anyways. Yikes! I think I could benefit from drowning those memories, too. I hear some leftover penne calling my name.
Purp likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page