Looking for some Vegan friends with similar issues - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By manush

#1 Old 11-11-2016, 11:43 PM
Live and let other live

Looking for some Vegan friends with similar issues

Hi
I joined this site day before yesterday and since then it was a great experience for me to be here. Read some amazing threads and learned some new dishes.
I thought to write this thread, because I feel miserable and weak sometimes. I am a Vegan for past 1 week. I know its hard at start to adjust. I just want to talk to few like minded people who face or faced the similar issues. I want to talk to people and make some friends in here So please, if anyone thinks like they feel the same, message me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-12-2016, 03:47 AM
Cute fluff

Hi manush and welcome! Wow, what a great decision you took, so so so happy to see a new vegan!
I'm vegan since just about 2 months so I'll answer what little I know.
As you said, in the first weeks it's normal to feel weird, weak and sometimes even dizzy. Most of the times it's your body adjusting to your new diet BUT if you see that this keeps going on, please visit a doctor and let him check all the things that need to be checked!
Are you eating enough? Do you eat various veggies and fruits (you can check that by the color, different colors means different nutrients, vitamins and all the good things ) ?
I was feeling down for a couple of days, not so long ago, especially while being on the treadmill and my mom gave me some supplements that include B12 and I feel much better. It might be something similar for you too but as said above, a doctor can give you better and more professional questions - just make sure that he/she is pro vegan because many are not and if that's your case then I'd say you need to change doctor

If you want to keep in touch, send me a private message

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Come visit me at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- new weekly content about health, weightloss, fitness and lifestyle. I'd love to read your comments! ♥
#3 Old 11-12-2016, 04:29 AM
Veggie Regular

Hi manush and welcome!

Not eating enough is a very common problem with new vegans that can lead to that feeling of weakness. It can take a while to figure out what and how to eat as a vegan, but the good news is that the variety of plant food available is very diverse! Hang in there and learn all you can about cooking/preparing/eating as a vegan. Read lots of blogs and vegan cookbooks as there are a lot of tips and creative ideas (most public libraries nowadays have lots of vegan books too).

Can you list some of the foods you have been eating now, and what you ate before? What kinds of plant foods do you enjoy? Do you like to cook?

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-12-2016, 04:43 AM
Live and let other live

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_SPrincess View Post
Hi manush and welcome! Wow, what a great decision you took, so so so happy to see a new vegan!
I'm vegan since just about 2 months so I'll answer what little I know.
As you said, in the first weeks it's normal to feel weird, weak and sometimes even dizzy. Most of the times it's your body adjusting to your new diet BUT if you see that this keeps going on, please visit a doctor and let him check all the things that need to be checked!
Are you eating enough? Do you eat various veggies and fruits (you can check that by the color, different colors means different nutrients, vitamins and all the good things ������) ?
I was feeling down for a couple of days, not so long ago, especially while being on the treadmill and my mom gave me some supplements that include B12 and I feel much better. It might be something similar for you too but as said above, a doctor can give you better and more professional questions - just make sure that he/she is pro vegan because many are not and if that's your case then I'd say you need to change doctor

If you want to keep in touch, send me a private message ������

Hi there. Thanks for the post.
I do think that I am eating various veggies and fruits. Today at lunch, I had rice, pulses, salad of Tomato, onion, carrot, cucumber and banana. But yes I am not eating enough all the time. I think its mostly because I live alone and feel lazy sometimes
I know, I will develop taste for things with time, I guess. Mostly I feel miserable when I am really tempted to eat some sweet made of milk and then I try to control it I dont feel strong desire for meat (lucky me). I think if I will feel weak for few more days, will see a doctor
Yeah, I would like to keep in touch. It would help a lot to talk to a friend. Thanks!
H_SPrincess likes this.
#5 Old 11-12-2016, 04:51 AM
Live and let other live

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturebound View Post
Hi manush and welcome!

Not eating enough is a very common problem with new vegans that can lead to that feeling of weakness. It can take a while to figure out what and how to eat as a vegan, but the good news is that the variety of plant food available is very diverse! Hang in there and learn all you can about cooking/preparing/eating as a vegan. Read lots of blogs and vegan cookbooks as there are a lot of tips and creative ideas (most public libraries nowadays have lots of vegan books too).

Can you list some of the foods you have been eating now, and what you ate before? What kinds of plant foods do you enjoy? Do you like to cook?
Hi
Thanks for the Post. Yes I think you are right. I will look for the books, blogs. I like this site a lot. Lots to read and lots to learn.
Yes, I like to cook, but sometimes I am lazy
Yeah. Sure. I mostly like to eat rice and different beans and veggies with it. I am also eating fruits and green salad, mostly Cucumber, Tomato, Onion, Carrot. In fruits, I eat banana a lot (Because I love the taste). I do eat bread, but not a lot.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page