6Likes
  • 2 Post By BiteSizeVegan
  • 1 Post By Werewolf Girl
  • 2 Post By Werewolf Girl
  • 1 Post By jessandreia

#1 Old 10-08-2016, 08:22 AM
Veggie Regular

I've Lost All Hope For Humanity...

There is no excuse for this. They were all babies—less than 6 months old. It doesn’t have to be this way. This is not an isolated incident of rare cruelty. This is a rare incident of systematic cruelty being thrust into the open.

On Wednesday October 5, 2016 a truck full of pigs overturned in front of Fearmans Pork in Burlington, Ontario. Pigs were trapped inside, screaming. Some escaped and wandered the streets, outside for the first time in their life. Those able to move on their own were walked through the parking lot of the slaughterhouse to their death. Injured pigs were not “fit” to be “processed” They waited in the grass for hours. Activists begged to give them sanctuary—they had homes waiting for them. Fearmans refused to show mercy and executed them, trying to hide their barbarity with flimsy cardboard.

THIS is what you pay for when you eat meat, dairy, eggs. YOU can change this. See the information below. There is no excuse.
Werewolf Girl and Purp like this.

--------
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YouTube:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-08-2016, 08:57 AM
Super Moderator

I cried that day, what these animals go through at human hands is unimaginable. Thank you so much for being a voice for them.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#3 Old 10-08-2016, 08:22 PM
Veggie Regular

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiteSizeVegan View Post
Lost All Hope

There is no excuse for this. They were all babies—less than 6 months old. It doesn’t have to be this way. This is not an isolated incident of rare cruelty. This is a rare incident of systematic cruelty being thrust into the open.

On Wednesday October 5, 2016 a truck full of pigs overturned in front of Fearmans Pork in Burlington, Ontario. Pigs were trapped inside, screaming. Some escaped and wandered the streets, outside for the first time in their life. Those able to move on their own were walked through the parking lot of the slaughterhouse to their death. Injured pigs were not “fit” to be “processed” They waited in the grass for hours. Activists begged to give them sanctuary—they had homes waiting for them. Fearmans refused to show mercy and executed them, trying to hide their barbarity with flimsy cardboard.

THIS is what you pay for when you eat meat, dairy, eggs. YOU can change this. See the information below. There is no excuse.
I have, too. :/

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-09-2016, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator

This was posted on the Toronto Pig Save FB page and it made me cry, here is their page: https://www.facebook.com/TorontoPigSave/
Purp and Naturebound like this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#5 Old 10-09-2016, 01:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

This was posted on the Toronto Pig Save FB page and it made me cry, here is their page: https://www.facebook.com/TorontoPigSave/
Right in the feels.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#6 Old 10-09-2016, 03:10 PM
Veggie Regular

That's very close to where I live (Like, less than half hour drive). Sadly, I get the feeling the only people who cared about it happening were vegans/vegetarians.

Edit: Just saw a Brazilian animal rights page I follow post about this. That's how much the news have travelled already.
Purp likes this.

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

Last edited by jessandreia; 10-09-2016 at 03:21 PM.
#7 Old 10-10-2016, 07:03 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
I cried that day, what these animals go through at human hands is unimaginable. Thank you so much for being a voice for them.
It is the very least I can do. And I am right there with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post
I have, too. :/

Quote:

Beautiful and heartbreaking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessandreia View Post
That's very close to where I live (Like, less than half hour drive). Sadly, I get the feeling the only people who cared about it happening were vegans/vegetarians.

Edit: Just saw a Brazilian animal rights page I follow post about this. That's how much the news have travelled already.
It's all over now. Which is should be. Ever single death should be in the news.

--------

YouTube:

Facebook:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page