Hate towards non-vegans - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Symondezyn
  • 1 Post By Poppy

#1 Old 09-22-2016, 11:46 AM
Banned

Hate towards non-vegans

Does anyone here get angry at someone for eating such stuff and other unhealthy ****? And why do I care? I get so worked up sometimes. Any advice or philosophical quote to help me shift my mind? Or maybe I'm just sent by the paladins to purge all the novegans...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-22-2016, 03:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Hate to non-vegans may not be the best thing for reducing animal suffering. A politer attitude may work better. So that could be the motivation?
#3 Old 09-23-2016, 11:08 AM
Plant Powered

I feel like hatred is a pretty strong reaction - even as an ethical vegan, I don't harbour hatred towards others - I do however, experience deep sadness at the attitudes and beliefs that are still so prevalent in our societies.

I think of it like the Matrix. Most of us were all in the Matrix at one point, but then we woke up and saw reality. Our friends and family on the other side still think the Matrix is real - we can't hate them for that. I try to show them a vegan lifestyle is comfortable, achievable and not so weird and difficult that it seems like an unreachable target. I also feed them delicious food - that seems to do wonders LOL.
Joan Kennedy likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 09-23-2016, 11:23 AM
Ankle Biter

Just remember that there was a time you weren't vegan either. And it's likely that being confronted by judgmental vegan pricks wouldn't have gone over very well. So, when you see things you wish were different, take a deep breath, and try to make someone else's enlightenment as easy was possible.
Joan Kennedy likes this.

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page