• 4 Post By douglerner
  • 2 Post By douglerner
  • 1 Post By douglerner
  • 1 Post By douglerner
  • 1 Post By BobJustBob

#1 Old 06-02-2016, 02:37 AM
Veggie Regular

Back to the vegan life for me

A few months ago I posted about starting yet another new diet, "Always Hungry?" and using their vegetarian approach, which also allowed eggs and full fat dairy.

That turned out to be a bust (see http://lerner.net/the-always-hungry-...ore-i-move-on/). Then I went on a trip to St. Louis where I wasn't on any particular diet.

A couple of weeks ago I came back to Japan and started what I think is a very promising, healthy vegan, no-oil, no-nuts, starch-centered diet (http://lerner.net/caloric-density-an...-week-results/) and have been very pleased with how well it is working.

So I just wanted to drop a word saying I'm glad I'm back and looking forward to how well this works out.

doug
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-02-2016, 03:25 AM

Hi, Doug! I think it looks like a great diet. Thanks for sharing! Welcome back to the vegan life! :-)
#3 Old 06-05-2016, 05:42 PM
Veggie Regular

I lost 1.2 kg = 2.6 lb this week, bringing my total loss for 2 weeks to 4.6 kg = 10.1 lb.

I now weigh less than I did at the beginning of the year, which is great, because I had been gaining steadily since January.

Also, I’m happy to report that I am just not experiencing any hunger on this diet between meals. It’s amazing. I had long thought that starches were my problem, when in fact it seems it might be my solution.

Anyway, I’m obviously motivated to keep going!
LedBoots and VeganMel like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-05-2016, 06:03 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglerner View Post
I lost 1.2 kg = 2.6 lb this week, bringing my total loss for 2 weeks to 4.6 kg = 10.1 lb.

I now weigh less than I did at the beginning of the year, which is great, because I had been gaining steadily since January.

Also, I’m happy to report that I am just not experiencing any hunger on this diet between meals. It’s amazing. I had long thought that starches were my problem, when in fact it seems it might be my solution.

Like this?
https://www.amazon.com/Starch-Soluti...s=books&sr=1-1
I thought you got your name from Dr. McDougall! Glad it's working!
#5 Old 06-05-2016, 06:11 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:

Hi Doug and welcome back!! I am so happy you are on a starch-based eating plan, I suspect you discovered something sustainable for you. Studies show it is a very healthy way to eat.
#6 Old 06-05-2016, 06:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post
Like this?
https://www.amazon.com/Starch-Soluti...s=books&sr=1-1
I thought you got your name from Dr. McDougall! Glad it's working!
Yes - it's his "Starch Solution" book I'm following.

It feels a little weird, because my mother used to sometimes call me McDougall as a nickname when I was young.

doug
LedBoots likes this.
#7 Old 06-05-2016, 06:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedBoots View Post
Hi Doug and welcome back!! I am so happy you are on a starch-based eating plan, I suspect you discovered something sustainable for you. Studies show it is a very healthy way to eat.
I'm curious to see what my next blood tests show on June 27. That will have only been after just 5 weeks on this diet, still I'm curious.

doug
LedBoots likes this.
#8 Old 06-05-2016, 06:19 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
I'm curious to see what my next blood tests show on June 27. That will have only been after just 5 weeks on this diet, still I'm curious.

doug
Me too, make sure you post them!
#9 Old 06-05-2016, 09:35 PM
Veggie Regular

@douglerner -- Welcome back to the vegan lifestyle. Enjoy!!

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#10 Old 06-07-2016, 03:50 PM

Hi Doug,

Thank you for posting about the switch to a starch-centric, vegan diet. I have been following something of a hybrid diet for the last year. For lunch, I generally eat a Dr. Joel Fuhrman-themed dish, generally a giant salad with added beans and a quarter-cup of chopped walnuts. For dinner, I eat a Dr. McDougall "starch solution" dish. Finding out about the starch solution has been something of a revelation to me. Like the majority of people, I always associated "starches" with weight gain, not weight loss. But I have found the exact opposite to be true: as long as you stick to whole-food starches and don't "pollute" them with added fats (like butter or sour cream on a baked potato), they actually promote weight loss (or easy management of a steady weight).

I hope you continue to see good results with your diet. Please post often and keep us informed as to how you are doing.
LedBoots likes this.

Tags
starch solution

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page