Patrons of a vegan cafe in Tbilisi, Georgia, were pelted with meat by attackers - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 8Likes
  • 1 Post By BobJustBob
  • 2 Post By nr32
  • 2 Post By QuietVegan
  • 1 Post By Symondezyn
  • 2 Post By Werewolf Girl

#1 Old 05-31-2016, 09:09 PM

Patrons of a vegan cafe in Tbilisi, Georgia, were pelted with meat by attackers

http://tinyurl.com/j24dleq

The link points to an article in the N.Y. Times describing how patrons of a vegan cafe in Tbilisi, Georgia, were pelted with grilled meat, sausages, and fish by more than a dozen men. The men refused to leave and then further disrupted the activities in the cafe by beginning to smoke. The police were called but the attackers fled before they arrived and there were no arrests.

The article states that there were probably political undertones to this attack, as vegan cafes are associated with pro-Western liberalism and there is a tremendous amount of tension between pro- and anti-Western supporters in Georgia at the moment.
Purp likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-31-2016, 09:27 PM

All those men managed to accomplish was attract media attention, which further popularized veganism.

They cannot take us down.
#3 Old 06-01-2016, 03:04 AM
Beginner

I saw this on Facebook - the cafe has put out a statement on its FB account. They said the group involved are neo-nazis.

Personally I'm more shocked that Tibilisi has a vegan cafe than the fact some idiots ate fish and threw sausages around in there!
Purp and Naturebound like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-01-2016, 12:14 PM
Plant Powered

How awful! I feel for the patrons but am glad at least that the attackers at least did not use raw meat - that would have been far more traumatic IMO.

Ignorant people doing ignorant things do not seem to realize they just make themselves look stupid rather than helping their "cause"
Purp likes this.
#5 Old 06-01-2016, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator

Whenever anyone accuses us of being preachy I'm going to show them this article.
Purp and Symondezyn like this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#6 Old 06-01-2016, 04:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Who wants to go to Tblisi, Georgia, hunt these gamey goits down, and shove zucchinis in their faces?

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page