I Want to Kick My In-Laws... - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 44Likes

#31 Old 05-02-2016, 06:23 PM
The Corpulent Vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan Kennedy View Post
Aliakai, how is Deyna holding up? What a miserable experience that had to be, and I'm thinking pretty much devastating for him. At least people who are upfront mean, in a way you can see coming for miles, you know where you stand and what you need to do.
He's recovering pretty well. It bothers him that they don't want anything to do with him any more, it hurts because they're family, but he doesn't feel it's worth taking the abuse and criticism all the time just to have half of a relationship with them. They don't accept his dietary choices, choice of mate, or choice of faith, and none of them will stop letting him know it. Even his mom, who claimed to be accepting, ultimately spoke out against him and ditched him for not meeting her demands.

He's been going through counseling, just like I have, to try to get better self esteem, and our counselor backed him up on his choice to accept that they weren't worth his time. It hurts, but he thinks it's for the better.
Purp likes this.

It's better to burn out than fade away! - Def Leppard

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 05-02-2016, 10:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliakai View Post
For everyone wondering how the trip went, she was demanding and rude almost the entire time, though I thought we had the food situation ironed out after the first day. I wrote a blog post about it, hopefully you guys can let me know what you think, but in the end she was entitled and I don't really want a relationship with her.

She left her purse at our house after she went to go stay with his brother and demanded we come home immediately to return it, even though we were almost 45 minutes away in the city running errands at a shop that closed shortly. They squatted in front of my house for several hours trying to guilt trip Deyna and I into coming home early, even after we had offered to let them know when we got home and possibly return the purse to her personally. All in all, she decided to disown him and I guess I'll never have to deal with her again.

At least I kept dairy from coming into my house.
I'm sorry this happened. Is there anything I can do for you?

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#33 Old 05-03-2016, 03:29 AM
Super Moderator

I've never felt a part of my family and it's hard for me to understand family ties that are binding and not supportive.
Sounds like the three of you are a pretty good family!
Purp likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 05-03-2016, 09:27 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliakai View Post
He's been going through counseling, just like I have, to try to get better self esteem, and our counselor backed him up on his choice to accept that they weren't worth his time. It hurts, but he thinks it's for the better.
That sounds best, at least for now. You never know about siblings. This one might be a royal pill right now, but she won't always be under that woman's thumb. At some point down the line, she might find she needs a brother way more than she needs a momzilla.
Purp likes this.
#35 Old 05-03-2016, 09:29 AM
Veggie Regular

I try to keep an open mind and accommodate other people but definitely see the points that were made. I guess if someone is asking to stay at your place then they should abide by your rules. You also make a good point about McDonalds. I have no problem changing my opinion if someone points out things that I did not consider. ; )
Purp likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page