New vegan head and vision feel off - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By silva

#1 Old 03-09-2016, 07:35 AM

New vegan head and vision feel off

Hey guys I'm a new vegan, about 3 weeks. The first week I felt great! But then I started to get this weird feeling in my head. Kinda like when you take cold medicine. Just felt like my brain was swimmy. Then I notice my vision feel odd too... not necessarily blurry but a focusing problem? And if I scan the room fast it's like my vision lags or something... I eat plenty of food. Beans rice veggies fruites almond milk. I get around 2000 to 2500 calories a day. The only thing I can think of is some kind of mineral or vitimin deficiency. But I take a multivitamin woth b13 and D in it. I also quit caffiene cold turkey the same day I went vegan. What do you guys think???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-09-2016, 07:47 AM

Sounds like it might be caffeine withdrawal to me?
#3 Old 03-09-2016, 07:55 AM

See that's what I thought too... but for 2 weeks?? Seems like a long time to withdrawal from caffeine lol. I did an experiment and drank a cup of coffee for 2 days and while it did perk me up and gave me energy, I still had that annoying feeling in my head and vision
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 03-09-2016, 10:17 AM

If it is withdrawal then the "experiment" wouldn't have done a lot of good, I gave up coffee when I finished uni as I'd become so dependent on it when I was there and I had headached for about a fortnight and felt crappy for about a month. Could be worth holding out to see if it's just the coffee but if you're concerned you might be deficient in something then go and get some blood tests done as that's the only way you'll get an answer
#5 Old 03-10-2016, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator

Well you don't become deficient in three weeks!

I'd wonder if your calorie count is correct. Many new vegans overestimate what they consume, when a common problem as you describe, is from not enough calories, and/or restricting fats

What's a day's food like?
LedBoots likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page